Post by headshot » Sun May 15, 2022 11:19 am

TimW wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:03 pm
headshot wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:58 pm
My negativity persists.
There's a lot of it about.
It’s highly contagious.

Still testing negative. Frau HS’s symptoms are mild: cough and fatigued. She’ll test again on Wednesday.

headshot
Dorkwood

Re: Join the Covid club!

Post by headshot » Mon May 16, 2022 6:45 am

Ah balls. Finally tested positive.

raven
Catbabel

Post by raven » Mon May 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Bummer. Hope the symptoms are mild, headshot.

We ran out of tests this week and had to buy some from Boots. I was surprised to find that I can't report the results because they're not NHS tests. Seems very wasteful, not collecting data when it's there.

Grumble
Stummy Beige

Post by Grumble » Tue May 17, 2022 10:04 pm

My brother has just had it and reports feeling like his head is full of concrete
A bit churlish

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Wed May 18, 2022 6:53 am

At the moment I’m just experiencing mild cold-like symptoms. Paracetamol helps me feel reasonably normal.

I also feel a bit tired, but we’re still able to go for 5k walks each day. And I’ve carried on working from my home office.

Frau HS has moved past the cold symptoms she had last week, but lost parts of her sense of taste and smell and is generally feeling fatigued.

TBH, if I didn’t know it was Covid, I’d just assume is was a bit of a cold.

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Wed May 18, 2022 12:23 pm

Frau HS just tested negative.

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Mon May 23, 2022 8:07 pm

I tested negative this morning.

All in all - felt ropey for 5-6 days. Mostly just regular cold-like symptoms and nothing severe. I had intensely itchy sinuses for a day or two (but that could have been hayfever). Also felt tired on a couple of days, but managed to keep active through.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sun May 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Been working at a music festival since Thurs and two of the people I've been closest with (plus drinking with after) tested positive today. Can't tell yet if I have a slightly rough throat or if I just have the symptoms of staying up late boozing for several days. Tested negative so far. One guy who has it was my lift home so I'm on the train tomorrow instead but what if I wake up obviously ill?

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun May 29, 2022 5:55 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:36 pm
Been working at a music festival since Thurs and two of the people I've been closest with (plus drinking with after) tested positive today. Can't tell yet if I have a slightly rough throat or if I just have the symptoms of staying up late boozing for several days. Tested negative so far. One guy who has it was my lift home so I'm on the train tomorrow instead but what if I wake up obviously ill?
If the guy who has it is fine to drive then you might as well take the lift, you've been exposed already and your positivity might just take a day or two to show up on the test.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Mon May 30, 2022 7:38 am

My lift had to go immediately having tested positive. I had another day to work, having tested negative.

Inevitably I have woken with a bit of a temperature and a catch in my throat. Got no more LFTs but it's not really in doubt so it'll be FFP2 and keep my distance from everyone as best I can, i suppose.

raven
Catbabel

Post by raven » Mon May 30, 2022 9:24 pm

MrRaven went on a work trip last week. One of the people he went with tested positive Friday, two more cases over the weekend. MrRaven is so far clear, & hoping it stays that way.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Mon May 30, 2022 10:00 pm

Fingers crossed for MrRaven. I tested positive of course.

Mild symptoms so far though. Isolating as far as poss from Mrs Y as she's classed as vulnerable. Looks like the crew from this show are going down like skittles. Think it was 8 by lunchtime.

raven
Catbabel

Post by raven » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:47 pm

Fingers crossed you manage to isolate from Mrs Y. Eldest managed not to give it to his gf when they were confined together in a one bedroom flat, so it's doable. If Mrs Y is vulnerable, she should be eligible for antivirals. Might be worth checking on that.

So, one of the friends we were with on Saturday has tested positive. He is totally blaming MrRaven. (In a jokey way. Mostly.) MrRaven tested negative -twice- before we met up, & just tested again to be safe. Nope, still negative. So probably not him.

Unless you can be asymptomatic & test negative and pass it on, or I suppose if we have a box of duff tests.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 am

Day 6 and I still test solidly positive.

Vulnerable Mrs Y had been away for several days (as was her plan anyway) but is home now so I'm hiding away again. Tedious.

The NHS app, having just finished counting down my 6 days of self-isolation, reacted to the news that I am still positive by restarting its clock at 6 days again. This is unhelpful.

PS Thanks for the advice on antivirals raven, Mrs Y was already well researched as is her way.

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:28 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 am
Day 6 and I still test solidly positive.

Vulnerable Mrs Y had been away for several days (as was her plan anyway) but is home now so I'm hiding away again. Tedious.

The NHS app, having just finished counting down my 6 days of self-isolation, reacted to the news that I am still positive by restarting its clock at 6 days again. This is unhelpful.

PS Thanks for the advice on antivirals raven, Mrs Y was already well researched as is her way.
You're most likely not contagious any more. You're not supposed to report again on the app within 6 months once you've tested positive. You almost certainly won't be positive for another 6 days anyway.

I was positive on day 6, but suddenly completely clear on day 7.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:51 pm

Yeah, it seemed like I was doing the right thing: take an LFT, report it on Gov.uk telling them truthfully my reason was to see if I was still positive, which I was, and the message I got back gave me a code and told me to put it into the reporting app which I did. Pointlessly, that restarted the 6-day timer. Hey ho.

raven
Catbabel

Post by raven » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:09 pm

I tested positive for 10 days, so did MrRaven. We managed to stay home, thanks to WFH & food deliveries. (Sister tested positive for that long back in January, so we were prepared.) Advice is to mask up & distance if you have to go out. I was super cautious, and went out masked on my first day of freedom even though I'd tested negative.

Glad Mrs Y is on top of it. GPs are supposed to be contacting those eligible for antivirals after they report testing positive, but that requires a) you to have NHS tests you can report, not private ones you can't, b) the message to get through to your GPs and c) that to happen in a timely manner. I reckon you might be better off ringing the GP directly.

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:48 am

I became a statistic today*. Mrs P had finally brought a hitch-hiker home from school** and infected me before she tested positive. I did a RAT test this morning and it was negative, but then I had some symptoms so was required to get a PCR test.

Our rules are I have to isolate, in this case I can do it with Mrs P., for 7 days. After that we are freeish*** to go without doing any further testing, because the RAT tests still come up positive after you are not likely to be infective.

*Mrs P has a mild "cold". I have a more serious "cold", but Mrs P reckons it is man-flu.

**Our new state Government ran on a populist line of getting rid of mask mandates. First week of school with students not wearing masks and Mrs P picks up COVID-19.

***Have to wear a mask when out of home for 3 days. Certain places you cannot go. You have to Isolate for longer if you still have symptoms.
Here grows much rhubarb.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:16 am

Having not even taken a test up to now, I'm now positive, as is Mrs sTeamTraen. Probably got it at the hotel we went to for a couple of days.

On the plus side, we both have it at the same time, and we don't have to go anywhere for the next 9 days. So hopefully being triple-vaxed will allow us to ride it out. Mrs sTeamTraen's clinically vulnerable brother is still testing positive but has no more symptoms after less than a week.
Something something hammer something something nail

gosling
Stargoon

Post by gosling » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:24 pm

Also positive for the first time. Failed to catch it in March when MrsG had it and dodged it a few more times when friends had it. Not sure where I got it from, but was out and about a lot last weekend when we had a friend to stay, so could have been anywhere.

Luckily only had a couple of days of snottiness and being tired. Feel better now even though the line of the LFT is stronger today. I won't be going into the office this week.

Aoui
Stargoon

Post by Aoui » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:08 am

My husband woke up in the middle of the night at the endish of last week some time with dizziness. He was grumpy, had a bit of a cold and a splittling headache but has yet to test positive. I spent some time on Friday teaching my neighbor how to make salsa verde with tomatillos from our garden that I couldn't stand up long enough to make myself, because of my broken leg. Saturday I got a message that she and her husband tested positive to covid and Sunday night I tested positive. I am sleeping a lot, sometimes can't decide if I'm hot or cold but not running a temperature and have snot in the back of my throat that just won't seem to move. My nose is clear at least. And mostly, I'm grumpy. Very grumpy. My husband put bacon in the dead chicken soup and I was quite peeved. It smelled awful, because my senses are a bit messed up. Tasted okay..good even..but not what I'd asked for. Then he left the soup out on the counter for HOURS to cool down, which I figure is a good way to get food poisoning. My leg brace is not that easily washable, so if I hurl on it, I will risk rebreaking that leg to follow him around and croak my displeasure at him until I drop. Did I mention that our weekend trip to visit an old friend in Germany whose mom asked to see me while her health is stable, because she considers me family that she hasn't seen in a long time...has been cancelled due to getting these damned cooties. Don't know when we'll manage to reschedule it. I'm Seriously...grumpy...grumpy...grumpy....

gosling
Stargoon

Post by gosling » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:32 am

gosling wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:24 pm
Also positive for the first time. Failed to catch it in March when MrsG had it and dodged it a few more times when friends had it. Not sure where I got it from, but was out and about a lot last weekend when we had a friend to stay, so could have been anywhere.

Luckily only had a couple of days of snottiness and being tired. Feel better now even though the line of the LFT is stronger today. I won't be going into the office this week.
And 10 weeks later ... I have it again. Was feeling a bit rough on Thursday but tested negative. Been getting gradually worse and spent most of last night coughing. Tested again this morning - massive positive line within a couple of minutes of the liquid going in.
1f5e16ca-ffc9-4f78-a5eb-8643d3509e36.jpg
1f5e16ca-ffc9-4f78-a5eb-8643d3509e36.jpg (85.7 KiB) Viewed 524 times

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:22 pm

Been in the US at Mrs P's mother's 95th birthday. It turned out to be a COVID-19 super spreader event. 20 members of the family have tested positive so far including Junior P minor. Mrs P and I have our 4th vaccines a week before leaving for the US and have so far tested negative.

Vaccines do work. Two unvaccinated members of the family have had stints in hospital, but no one else.
Here grows much rhubarb.

bagpuss
Dorkwood

Post by bagpuss » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:43 am

Here I go again for round 2. Looks like the wedding we were at on Friday may turn out to be a super-spreader event, too. So far I only know about me and the mother of the groom but since far more than half of the guests were bride's side and we don't know them at all, that doesn't mean much.

Felt completely fine at 9am, feeling a bit meh now, 2.5 hours later. Test was the faintest of faint lines but definitely there. Hoping (but not optimistic) that Mr Bagpuss and the bagkitten will escape, and most especially my vulnerable sis in law who was also at the wedding.

Also really hoping I haven't given it to our gerbils. I spent a good hour playing with ours yesterday so just hoping I wasn't yet infectious then - you have to be really careful with just ordinary colds with gerbils so Covid is probably not a good thing to share with them. :(

Woodchopper
Light of Blast

Post by Woodchopper » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:22 pm

Made it this far without getting the rona. But it looks like I have it now. And it’s sh.t.