UK unlockdown no really this time no backsies

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
shpalman
Princess POW

UK unlockdown no really this time no backsies

Post by shpalman » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Some people who live in other countries and wot they reckon about it

Just because things have been coming down thanks to restrictions doesn't mean they'll stay under control when you lift them.

Not that the case rate in the UK has really been coming down that fast anyway.
“Allowing the virus a free run would be a fundamental error”
“... avoidance of death still playing a fundamental part in the German system, while Britain’s system places more emphasis on maintaining the ability to work.”
“If... you go out and infect vulnerable people... you’re going out to infect people who are still vulnerable.”
“These are political choices, not scientific ones”
“The numbers, I think, are screaming out a message [that] the pandemic response has been very poorly managed – the waste of lives, the excessive periods under lockdown and the flip-flopping policies.”
“We planned for Delta and got Omicron, and although we didn’t have the lockdowns of the past, it did create significant disruption, not to mention those that also sadly passed away. I have always said it is better to be vigilant and cautious.”
“I think the situation in the UK allows for relaxation of the measures. Given the country’s good vaccination and epidemiological profile, it seems to be a reasonable move.”
That last one is from Greece, "which has one of Europe’s highest Covid-19 death rates".
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk