medbeds

Get your science fix here: research, quackery, activism and all the rest
shpalman
Princess POW

medbeds

Post by shpalman » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:32 am

It is not a medical product and was never intended to be

Who knew?
The top of the [Tesla* BioHealing]'s website clearly states: "We cannot diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition."

And yet their promotional material states: "Many people note improvements in their wellbeing even after only an hour of resting on a Tesla MedBed."
* - no, not that one.

I frequently note improvements in my wellbeing after resting on my own normal bed. It's sad that this medbed thing has enough people believing it that it even needs to be called out.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Re: medbeds

Post by Woodchopper » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:39 am

Perhaps payment of $20 000 enhances the potency of the placebo effect.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:00 pm

shpalman wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:32 am

Who knew?
The top of the [Tesla* BioHealing]'s website clearly states: "We cannot diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition."

And yet their promotional material states: "Many people note improvements in their wellbeing even after only an hour of resting on a Tesla MedBed."
* - no, not that one.

I frequently note improvements in my wellbeing after resting on my own normal bed. It's sad that this medbed thing has enough people believing it that it even needs to be called out.
There really is a never ending wave of b.llsh.t
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

IvanV
Stummy Beige

Post by IvanV » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:50 pm

shpalman wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:32 am

Who knew?

* - no, not that one.

It quite clear that they are selling mumbo-jumbo. "Wellbeing" and "biohealing" are transparently mumbo-jumbo, not medical claims, reinforced by the disclaimer. If I was dictator, I would make it harder for people to flog mumbo-jumbo, but it is probably fruitless to ban it. After all, religion is a category of mumbo-jumbo. I find it discreditable that Tesla is in the business of selling mumbo-jumbo, but I can't say their advert is misleading. Chiropractors, homeopaths, etc, routinely get away with worse.