Conference Poster

Get your science fix here: research, quackery, activism and all the rest
Formerly AvP
Stargoon

Conference Poster

Post by Formerly AvP » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:02 am

I have to do a poster for a conference. Is there a swizzy template I can use? The requirements are: landscape, 1536 pixels wide by 1080 tall, 54.2 cm wide by 38.1 tall, font size 16 or up, and final submission as a PDF.

(When I started doing science, it was all cardboard, Letraset and glue. It meant that when you arrived at the airport, you could fairly confidently approach anyone carrying a portfolio case or a cardboard tube, and say "Shall we share a taxi to...?")
Was Allo V Psycho, but when my laptop died, I lost all the info on it...

dyqik
Princess POW

Re: Conference Poster

Post by dyqik » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:39 pm

Formerly AvP wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:02 am
I have to do a poster for a conference. Is there a swizzy template I can use? The requirements are: landscape, 1536 pixels wide by 1080 tall, 54.2 cm wide by 38.1 tall, font size 16 or up, and final submission as a PDF.
28 pixels/cm means that everything is going to be blocky up close. For printed posters, I'd usually use at least 150 pixels per inch.

The pixel count sounds like it's for an HD TV display, which means you basically get one powerpoint slide, with typical presentation slide resolution. So use your standard presentation template.