Full Power Cacao

Get your science fix here: research, quackery, activism and all the rest
Grumble
Light of Blast

Full Power Cacao

Post by Grumble » Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:39 pm

Saw this being advertised on a banner attached to a traffic light railing. It’s not just cacao, it’s vibrationally enhance cacao.
https://fullpowercacao.com/
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Re: Full Power Cacao

Post by Martin Y » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:57 am

It sticks in my mind that in Master and Commander (the book) captain Aubrey orders a hot chocolate "furiously whipped". That's vibrationally enhanced I suppose.

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:51 pm

All those alleged benefits and enhancements that result from a mug of FPC (do you drink it? Maybe you smoke it) are much the same as those that follow a pint of Guinness and a large bl..dy Mary. Makes me wonder which is made from which.
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:58 pm

having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

IvanV
Stummy Beige

Post by IvanV » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:15 pm

tenchboy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:51 pm
All those alleged benefits and enhancements that result from a mug of FPC (do you drink it? Maybe you smoke it) are much the same as those that follow a pint of Guinness and a large bl..dy Mary. Makes me wonder which is made from which.
I suspect that they are much the same as those that result from any other brand of 100% dark chocolate. Multiple are available at around £2 per 100g. I found a 100% Guatemala at £4.50 per 100g.
shpalman wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:58 pm
f.ck dark chocolate
I agree that making 100% chocolate pleasant to consume involves mixing it with other things.

My sister-in-law used to repeatedly send us raw chocolate. "Raw food" enthusiasts swear by it. But unroasted chocolate doesn't taste of chocolate. Or even nice. It's just silly.

I do actually routinely buy raw green coffee beans. But that's because I roast it myself.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:13 pm

this Cacao is of the highest vibration and perfect for Ceremonial use. It’s also like drinking a golden elixir of love and powerful energy. I can feel my heart burst open and it always connects me to the divine.
— Paulina Griffin, Multidimensional Healer

IvanV
Stummy Beige

Post by IvanV » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:39 pm

Grumble wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:13 pm
this Cacao is of the highest vibration and perfect for Ceremonial use. It’s also like drinking a golden elixir of love and powerful energy. I can feel my heart burst open and it always connects me to the divine.
You could send that in to Pseuds Corner.

All that stuff about the Mayas and shamans and Lake Atitlan is somewhat misleading, well it misled me, the chocolate they are selling is actually from Venezuela.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:30 pm

Grumble wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:39 pm
Saw this being advertised on a banner attached to a traffic light railing. It’s not just cacao, it’s vibrationally enhance cacao.
https://fullpowercacao.com/
In out, in out,
You do the Hocacao Cacao, and that's what it's all about
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:33 pm

Grumble wrote:
"That's nice dear" <Paulina's Mum>
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:16 pm

Multidimensional healer?

There was a SF story I recall not well enough to know who wrote it, about a guy who was briefly abducted by multidimensional aliens. They studied and returned him before f.cking off, but accidentally put him back into 3 dimensions the wrong way around, so he was left as a mirror image of himself. He began to starve because he couldn't digest normal food and needed mirror-image molecules.

It seems perhaps overcautious to have healers for this eventuality but I guess you can't be too careful.

bob sterman
Dorkwood

Post by bob sterman » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:05 am

IvanV wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:39 pm
Grumble wrote:
You could send that in to Pseuds Corner.

All that stuff about the Mayas and shamans and Lake Atitlan is somewhat misleading, well it misled me, the chocolate they are selling is actually from Venezuela.
There are so many gifts for Pseuds Corner in there. E.g.

"FULL POWER CACAO is here to change the vibration of the planet to one of heart centred empowerment and wisdom."

"The truth about chocolate has been hidden from us for so long. It is time that truth came out of the darkness and into the light."

"Ethically sourced in Venezuela, divinely blessed in Manchester with the highest vibrational energy."

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:17 am

No surprise that it’s endorsed by some Dragons

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:24 am

And yet, if Brian Cox reported from CERN at the launch of a major new experiment to change the vibration of the planet (w'ch w'd be a fab April Fool's gag by the way), I can't help feeling that these same people w'd be almost litrally Ohmygodohmygodohmygodding all over their facebook page.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:50 am

Well I haven't checked if these morons are all "despite what science will tell you..." or more like "modern science is actually non-linear and quantum not linear and Newtonian like literally all scientists think"
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:13 am

shpalman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:50 am
Well I haven't checked if these morons are all "despite what science will tell you..." or more like "modern science is actually non-linear and quantum not linear and Newtonian like literally all scientists think"
I’ve not dug deep, but I don’t think science comes into it from what I’ve seen.

IvanV
Stummy Beige

Post by IvanV » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:13 am

shpalman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:50 am
... these morons ...
Are they really morons? I think they might be people who are willing to put on an act to prey on morons.

If you can find a way to sell chocolate at £11.00 for 100g in sufficient quantity to make a living out of it, perhaps that's not moronic. To me it is somewhat discreditable, but for many that's just business. And some people are effective in doing it, and it seems the "Dragons" judged that to be the case here.

To me they aren't much different from the people who sell many other luxury goods that have a price disproportionate to the cost of production. And you get away with it because people want to pay for the mystique, prestige, etc of buying that one rather than an identical one made in a knock-off factory. I'm not saying all luxury goods are sold at a price disproportionate to their cost of production, many are expensive because they are in fact costly to make, and in such cases attempts to copy them are not the same thing. But there are many that are not so costly to produce, can be imitated accurately at much lower cost, and the price represents marketing, exclusivity, etc. Many designer cosmetics and perfumes, for example, are in that category.

Stranger Mouse
Stummy Beige

Post by Stranger Mouse » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:28 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:57 am
It sticks in my mind that in Master and Commander (the book) captain Aubrey orders a hot chocolate "furiously whipped". That's vibrationally enhanced I suppose.
He orders hot chocolate while being furiously whipped? That sounds like a hedonistic overload.
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:52 pm

Stranger Mouse wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:28 pm
Martin Y wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:57 am
He orders hot chocolate while being furiously whipped? That sounds like a hedonistic overload.
cf, lashings of ginger beer [famous five]
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:58 pm

shpalman wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:58 pm
f.ck dark chocolate
I like dark chocolate at about 70% cocoa solids.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation