Herbal peril in Aussie Land

Get your science fix here: research, quackery, activism and all the rest
Al Capone Junior
Clardic Fug

Herbal peril in Aussie Land

Post by Al Capone Junior » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Very informative lecture from the Aussies on all the sh.t/shat/shite of the herbal quackery racket. Everything from the critically endangered species whose DNA might be in there, forensics, case histories, aldulterants, interactions with real medicines, and more. All from two academic types who have published peer reviewed papers a plenty. There's even a quack trying to slip in a speech during the Q and A.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0weqeLy2 ... dex=4&t=0s

Al Capone Junior
Clardic Fug

Re: Herbal peril in Aussie Land

Post by Al Capone Junior » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 pm

O.M.F.G. THE f.cking SWEAR FILTER MUST BE SET TO DEFAULT ON. BECAUSE IT CENSORED MY sh.t. AND MY f.ck. f.ck! sh.t! I CAN'T HANDLE IT I'M SERIOUSLY GOING ON MEGA-TILT!! SOMEBODY CALL GIMPY ALREADY!!!!

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Al Capone Junior wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 pm
O.M.F.G. THE f.cking SWEAR FILTER MUST BE SET TO DEFAULT ON. BECAUSE IT CENSORED MY sh.t. AND MY f.ck. f.ck! sh.t! I CAN'T HANDLE IT I'M SERIOUSLY GOING ON MEGA-TILT!! SOMEBODY CALL GIMPY ALREADY!!!!
yes it needs to default to be on in order to stop the site being blocked at some libraries etc. It is pretty easy to fix though.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

jdc
Hilda Ogden

Post by jdc » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:39 am

Al Capone Junior wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 pm
Did it post shat and shite OK, though?

jdc
Hilda Ogden

Post by jdc » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:51 am

Adulterated supplements are an ongoing problem. There were the ‘natural’ fat busters that the FDA warned may contain high levels of sibutramine, the statin alternative red yeast rice which may have had a little lovastatin knocking about, heavy metals in ayurvedic products http://hawk-handsaw.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... tural.html and heavy metals again in herbal supplements (ginseng, kelp, St John's wort).

(I had more links but that ayurvedic one from Hawk Handsaw is the only one that isn't f.cking broken now. And I'm too lazy to see if there are any working links to those stories.)