"What Doctors Don't Tell You" rebrands as "Get Well"

Get your science fix here: research, quackery, activism and all the rest
nefibach
Sindis Poop

"What Doctors Don't Tell You" rebrands as "Get Well"

Post by nefibach » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:52 pm

The steaming heap of quackery, woo and outright b.llsh.t formally known as What Doctors Don't Tell You has rebranded as Get Well, and is on sale at Waitrose.

https://twitter.com/SophieRunning/statu ... 3647290368
What is this absolute crap on the shelves of my local @waitrose ? Have you any idea how offensive this is?? My daughter is well. Her brain is fully ignited - and firing such that she creates & thinks in ways that inspire and astound me daily. Scrap this ableist sh.t now #autism
Giant photo of front cover inside the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:

Bugs
Fleury White

Re: "What Doctors Don't Tell You" rebrands as "Get Well"

Post by Bugs » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:33 am

From today's Times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maga ... -d6wnbflrd
Waitrose and other supermarkets have faced criticism for stocking a magazine that claims autism can be “reversed”.

The monthly magazine Get Well says that a regimen involving dietary changes, a “mercury detox” and craniosacral therapy to “balance the bones of the head” can “cure” autism.

Jane Harris, of the National Autistic Society, said the claims were “deeply irresponsible”. Jon Spiers, chief executive of Autistica, the research charity, said that the article was wrong.

In a statement, Get Well magazine claimed that the article had been misrepresented, adding: “We are sorry that our cover and headline has upset some people with autism or who have an autistic child.” It claimed that autism was indeed treatable and people were trying to “shut down the debate”.
Where have I heard that last phrase??? Oh yes De Long & her response to the HPV/fertility nonsense, to be expected

Tessa K
Light of Blast

Re: "What Doctors Don't Tell You" rebrands as "Get Well"

Post by Tessa K » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:20 am

Bugs wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:33 am
From today's Times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maga ... -d6wnbflrd
Waitrose and other supermarkets have faced criticism for stocking a magazine that claims autism can be “reversed”.

The monthly magazine Get Well says that a regimen involving dietary changes, a “mercury detox” and craniosacral therapy to “balance the bones of the head” can “cure” autism.

Jane Harris, of the National Autistic Society, said the claims were “deeply irresponsible”. Jon Spiers, chief executive of Autistica, the research charity, said that the article was wrong.

In a statement, Get Well magazine claimed that the article had been misrepresented, adding: “We are sorry that our cover and headline has upset some people with autism or who have an autistic child.” It claimed that autism was indeed treatable and people were trying to “shut down the debate”.
Where have I heard that last phrase??? Oh yes De Long & her response to the HPV/fertility nonsense, to be expected
Get Well can get to f.ck. I added a bit to my annual round-up to include it in the skeptic parade of shame.