Vaccine ****ery

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
shpalman
Princess POW

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by shpalman » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 am

Tom Cardy hasn't wasted any time...
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:51 am

Other meme.
FB_IMG_1641469821976.jpg
FB_IMG_1641469821976.jpg (59.55 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Opti
Dorkwood

Post by Opti » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm

Nicked both of 'em shpallers. ;)
Time for a big fat one.

Sciolus
Dorkwood

Post by Sciolus » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:58 pm

Chris Preston wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:57 am
Moving on from vaccines to masks, I am currently not in South Australia on the first trip Mrs P an I have taken across state borders in 2 years. All Australian states now have mask requirements of various sorts for indoor public places. Yesterday early evening as I went back to the hotel for an increased layer of protection from the elements, I got into the lift (the stairs have been roped off as a COVID-19 risk) a family of 5, 4 of whom were not wearing masks, decided they were going to join me. I left the lift and for some unknown reason, one of the family did the same.

This person then decided they needed to interrogate me as to why I did not stay in the lift. I responded that it was because they were not wearing masks. That was absolutely the wrong thing to say. I had to ask the girl behind the hotel desk to call the police before he would stop threatening me.

Needless to say, we are now at a different hotel.
That sounds... unpleasant.

Bold bit: isn't that arse about face? Are they still more worried about germs on handrails than aerosols?

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:50 pm

Chris Preston wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:57 am
Moving on from vaccines to masks, I am currently not in South Australia on the first trip Mrs P an I have taken across state borders in 2 years. All Australian states now have mask requirements of various sorts for indoor public places. Yesterday early evening as I went back to the hotel for an increased layer of protection from the elements, I got into the lift (the stairs have been roped off as a COVID-19 risk) a family of 5, 4 of whom were not wearing masks, decided they were going to join me. I left the lift and for some unknown reason, one of the family did the same.

This person then decided they needed to interrogate me as to why I did not stay in the lift. I responded that it was because they were not wearing masks. That was absolutely the wrong thing to say. I had to ask the girl behind the hotel desk to call the police before he would stop threatening me.

Needless to say, we are now at a different hotel.
Wow, what an unpleasant experience. Covid is really bringing out the worst in people.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:29 pm

You know how antivaxxers call us all "sheep"? This will help right?
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:11 pm

20220106_191010.jpg
20220106_191010.jpg (360.47 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
@Ryanair on twitter
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

WFJ
Catbabel

Post by WFJ » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:04 pm

Djokovic's dad is great. He should be on TV more often.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:39 pm

@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Stranger Mouse
After Pie

Post by Stranger Mouse » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:58 pm

Ron De Santis really doesn’t seem well. Covid? He went missing a while back.

https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/sta ... 49062?s=21
I’ve decided I should be on the pardon list if that’s still in the works

Millennie Al
After Pie

Post by Millennie Al » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:51 am

Chris Preston wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:40 am
Djokovic will not be allowed into Australia and will be deported.
Some countries make is very hard for someone who has been deported to ever get another visa. Is Australia like that? i.e. if his legal challenges fail, might he face a long term ban for attempting to enter without complying with the requirements?

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:15 am

Millennie Al wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:51 am
Chris Preston wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:40 am
Djokovic will not be allowed into Australia and will be deported.
Some countries make is very hard for someone who has been deported to ever get another visa. Is Australia like that? i.e. if his legal challenges fail, might he face a long term ban for attempting to enter without complying with the requirements?
They do. I believe you are banned from entering for 3 years. However, it is likely in this case that an exemption might be made for a future trip provided all the requirements were met. Craig Tiley is doing more ducking and weaving than the English openers. If it turns out that Tennis Australia provided the wrong advice, Djokovic could get some leniency.

No one is covering themselves with any glory here.
Here grows much rhubarb.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:41 am

... the Australian government is “keeping him in captivity”
“Djokovic is not being held captive in Australia,” Andrews told the national broadcaster ABC. “He is free to leave [the country] at any time that he chooses to do so and border force will actually facilitate that.”
“It’s not fair. The guy played by the rules, he got his visa, he arrives, he’s a nine-time champion and whether people like it or not he’s entitled to fair play,” McNamee told the ABC.
But he didn't play by the rules, which are the same for everyone no matter how many times a champion they are, because the rules say that you need to be vaccinated or otherwise be quarantined.
“Players need to know with confidence that if they’re flying around the world to events, there’s not going to be this sort of problem at entry. It’s a problem we’ve seen over the last two years in Australia and the victim of that is the No 1 player in the world.

“He was following the rules. Now you might be angry that he was given an exemption, but players need to have confidence that the rules they abide by are going to be enforced.”
Yes, Australia is enforcing its rules, and he wasn't following them, he was trying to get around them, and assuming that he'd get special treatment from being "the No 1 player in the world".
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:25 am

Seems a bit daft that he can't play tennis outside but can go on an aeroplane. Surely he should have to finish quarantine before either? I wouldn't want to sit next to the germy c.nt.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:26 am

shpalman wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:11 pm
20220106_191010.jpg

@Ryanair on twitter
Ryanair's twitter is so jokes
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:52 am

Australian Border Force cancels tennis player Renata Voracova's visa
Voráčová is believed to have entered Australia last month with a vaccine exemption granted by Tennis Australia because she had recently contracted and recovered from COVID-19.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Good news in fuckery - it seems LBC have given Maajid Nawaz the boot.

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:08 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:25 am
Seems a bit daft that he can't play tennis outside but can go on an aeroplane. Surely he should have to finish quarantine before either? I wouldn't want to sit next to the germy c.nt.
But he doesn't have Covid at the moment, so he can sit on an aeroplane just fine.
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:09 am

The documents reveal that Djokovic relied on a very recent Covid-19 infection, recorded on 16 December by the Institute of Public Health of Serbia, to argue he was exempt from vaccine travel requirements.
He was granted a temporary visa to enter Australia on 18 November, and received a letter from the chief medical officer of Tennis Australia on 30 December recording he had a “medical exemption from Covid vaccination” on the ground that he had recently recovered from the virus.

On New Year’s Day, Djokovic had also received a document from the home affairs department about his Australian travel declaration, which told Djokovic that “[his] Australia travel declaration [had] been assessed” and that “[his] responses indicate[d] that [he met] the requirements for a quarantine-free arrival into Australia where permitted by the jurisdiction of your arrival”.
Tennis Australia informed players that a prior infection would be a reason to exempt them from Australia’s tough border restrictions. That advice was given despite the health department telling Tennis Australia on two occasions that exemptions did not exist for those recently infected with Covid.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:22 am

shpalman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:09 am
The documents reveal that Djokovic relied on a very recent Covid-19 infection, recorded on 16 December by the Institute of Public Health of Serbia, to argue he was exempt from vaccine travel requirements.
He was granted a temporary visa to enter Australia on 18 November, and received a letter from the chief medical officer of Tennis Australia on 30 December recording he had a “medical exemption from Covid vaccination” on the ground that he had recently recovered from the virus.

On New Year’s Day, Djokovic had also received a document from the home affairs department about his Australian travel declaration, which told Djokovic that “[his] Australia travel declaration [had] been assessed” and that “[his] responses indicate[d] that [he met] the requirements for a quarantine-free arrival into Australia where permitted by the jurisdiction of your arrival”.
Tennis Australia informed players that a prior infection would be a reason to exempt them from Australia’s tough border restrictions. That advice was given despite the health department telling Tennis Australia on two occasions that exemptions did not exist for those recently infected with Covid.
That makes him look worse.

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/statu ... 07586?s=20
Ben Rothenberg
@BenRothenberg
Normal
2%
There’s more:

On December 17th, the day *after* Djokovic’s purported positive PCR test on December 16th, Djokovic attended an award ceremony for children at the Novak Tennis Center.

Many posts from the kids there posing for pictures with him that day, again masklessly indoors.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:33 am

So, a fake backdated covid infection from corrupt doctors just in time to give him a medical exemption (sic.) from vaccination so that he could go play in Australia?

Allegedly.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:38 am

shpalman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:33 am
So, a fake backdated covid infection from corrupt doctors just in time to give him a medical exemption (sic.) from vaccination so that he could go play in Australia?

Allegedly.
My thoughts precisely.

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:11 am

Amusingly, Wikipedia is currently stating that Crag Tiley is the former CEO of Tennis Australia. Almost as if they are expecting Tiley to fall on his sword.

An embarrassing video of Tiley addressing the troops has been leaked to the media, where he claims that he sent players to the Government website as directed by the Health Minister, when the Minister in fact wrote to Tiley twice saying previous infections do not count as medical exemptions.. The storm will bubble and roil all weekend and it is hugely unlikely Tiley will avoid the carnage.
Here grows much rhubarb.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:15 am

shpalman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:33 am

Allegedly.
That's the charitable interpretation.

The other option is that he attended events maskless* whilst either knowing he was infected, or at best at a high risk of being infected.

*I've seen some tweets allege that it included clinically vulnerable children at one.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Two people connected to the Australia Open have left Australia, with the the Australian Border Force (ABF) saying the individuals voluntarily departed.
The ABF did not confirm their names, but one is understood to be Czech player Renata Voráčová, according to Sky News.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk