Just had a box of tests delivered...

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Gfamily
Light of Blast

Just had a box of tests delivered...

Post by Gfamily » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:53 am

For no apparent reason we've just had a box of LFT tests delivered through the post.

It's just about possible that we'd placed a request months and months ago that hadn't been fulfilled, but we've no recollection of any unmet requests.
Anyone else getting late deliveries of test kits?
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Langster
Navel Tan

Re: Just had a box of tests delivered...

Post by Langster » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:18 am

There is a scheme to deliver extra test kits to people who are listed as vulnerable to covid. I got one about a month ago (to be added to the couple of unused boxes I've got stashed from when they were free). I think I got a warning letter first though.

lpm
Junior Mod

Re: Just had a box of tests delivered...

Post by lpm » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:31 am

Insane. We should stop testing for Covid, except as a diagnostic tool in hospitals.

People should react to a cold by isolating where possible, cancelling social engagements and working from home. If that cold turns out to be flu or Covid then there's no difference.

We need to get back to remembering that flu kills the elderly, bad colds also kill, and although the health service needs to diagnose individuals don't.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021