Unfortunately testicles cannot taste soy sauce

Get your science fix here: research, quackery, activism and all the rest
basementer
Dorkwood

Re: Unfortunately testicles cannot taste soy sauce

Post by basementer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:45 pm

Martin_B wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:50 pm
[Capsaicin is lipophillic (dissolves in fats, oil, etc, rather than polar solvents like water). Milk works, but only really the full-fat milk. Dipping the tips of your fingers in a small bowl of olive oil seems to work for me, although it may be that it worked one time and all the other times have been unnecessary!
It's alcohol soluble (> 30mg/ml according to https://www.caymanchem.com/pdfs/92350.pdf), so hand sanitiser or vodka might be worth trying.
Money is just a substitute for luck anyway. - Tom Siddell

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:44 am

basementer wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:45 pm
Martin_B wrote:
[Capsaicin is lipophillic (dissolves in fats, oil, etc, rather than polar solvents like water). Milk works, but only really the full-fat milk. Dipping the tips of your fingers in a small bowl of olive oil seems to work for me, although it may be that it worked one time and all the other times have been unnecessary!
It's alcohol soluble (> 30mg/ml according to https://www.caymanchem.com/pdfs/92350.pdf), so hand sanitiser or vodka might be worth trying.
If you think I'm wasting good vodka...
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

basementer
Dorkwood

Post by basementer » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:48 am

Martin_B wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:44 am
basementer wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:45 pm
Martin_B wrote:
If you think I'm wasting good vodka...
Don't waste it. Recycle it into a bl..dy Mary, and you can look secretive when your guest asks about the special recipe.
Money is just a substitute for luck anyway. - Tom Siddell

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:36 am

basementer wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:48 am
Don't waste it. Recycle it into a bl..dy Mary, and you can look secretive when your guest asks about the special recipe.
I propose this faintly chilli flavoured hand-washing variant of a bl..dy Mary be called a Lady Macbeth.