Where's Melania?

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
Post Reply
Allo V Psycho
Clardic Fug
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:18 am

Where's Melania?

Post by Allo V Psycho » Wed May 13, 2020 4:27 pm

I'm genuinely curious. In every previous recent American crisis, the First Lady has played a prominent role. I've never been able to fathom her at all. What was the 'I really don't care, do you?' jacket about? But her apparent absence (or is it just from the main stream press?) in this particular situation seems most puzzling of all. A word of comfort wouldn't seem to hurt, but I haven't heard of one.

I have no legitimate interest in their private lives, I don't mean that. But the whole FLOTUS phenomenon means that the spouse of the President is usually a state actor, of some significance. Even no. 10's cat has significance.

I guess I'm hoping for news of something she has done that I haven't heard about. I thought for a while about even posting this.

AvP
Last edited by Stephanie on Thu May 14, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Weighty Matters

User avatar
Boustrophedon
Dorkwood
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:58 pm
Location: Lincolnshire Wolds

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by Boustrophedon » Wed May 13, 2020 4:35 pm

I really don't care, do you?
...zoologically improbable and/or terrifying to small children.

User avatar
tenchboy
Snowbonk
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Location: Down amongst the potamogeton.

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by tenchboy » Wed May 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Probs just the same as ever: just wandering around that twentieth floor apartment, setting the flowers just right, 'not long now, dear', leaving a toy train on the stairs, 'not long now'.

User avatar
lpm
Dorkwood
Posts: 1283
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Location: IMPEACH AND EXTERMINATE

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by lpm » Wed May 13, 2020 6:01 pm

She's having fantastic sex.
I'll miss him after he's died in the pandemic

User avatar
lpm
Dorkwood
Posts: 1283
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Location: IMPEACH AND EXTERMINATE

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by lpm » Wed May 13, 2020 6:01 pm

With Hank, I mean! With Hank!

Not with Donald, god, what an image, sorry if I put that in your head. Obviously not with Donald.
I'll miss him after he's died in the pandemic

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
After Pie
Posts: 2561
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: with the birds

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by Bird on a Fire » Wed May 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Maybe she's got covid. Almost everyone else in the White House seems to.
now I'm falling asleep and she's calling acab

User avatar
Little waster
Snowbonk
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am
Location: About 1 inch behind my eyes

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by Little waster » Wed May 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:02 pm
Maybe she's got covid. Almost everyone else in the White House seems to.
That’s just what she told Trump to keep him away. She’s been telling him that since 2005.
Shamelessly recycling old jokes since 1952.

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
After Pie
Posts: 2561
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: with the birds

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by Bird on a Fire » Wed May 13, 2020 7:27 pm

Little waster wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:58 pm
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:02 pm
Maybe she's got covid. Almost everyone else in the White House seems to.
That’s just what she told Trump to keep him away. She’s been telling him that since 2005.
The only person who's also contract NCOV-1 through 18.
now I'm falling asleep and she's calling acab

plebian
Stargoon
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by plebian » Thu May 14, 2020 12:25 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:27 pm
Little waster wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:58 pm
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:02 pm
Maybe she's got covid. Almost everyone else in the White House seems to.
That’s just what she told Trump to keep him away. She’s been telling him that since 2005.
The only person who's also contract NCOV-1 through 18.
:D
Pithy, well, a right helmet at least.

User avatar
Martin Y
Catbabel
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by Martin Y » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 am

You know who else hasn't been seen for a while? That old friend of the family, Kim Jong-un.

Just sayin'. Don't want to start any rumours.

User avatar
TopBadger
Stargoon
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Halfway up

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by TopBadger » Thu May 14, 2020 5:02 pm

tenchboy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:48 pm
Probs just the same as ever: just wandering around that twentieth floor apartment, setting the flowers just right, 'not long now, dear', leaving a toy train on the stairs, 'not long now'.
How pissed off is she going to be when Trump's tax returns get released and she realises the wealthy man she married (presumably for the money) isn't actually that wealthy...
You can't polish a turd...
unless its Lion or Osterich poo... http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbus ... -turd.html

User avatar
sTeamTraen
Snowbonk
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by sTeamTraen » Thu May 14, 2020 9:40 pm

lpm wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:01 pm
Not with Donald, god, what an image, sorry if I put that in your head. Obviously not with Donald.
Immigrants: Doing the jobs no American wants.
Sitting in a sleazy snackbar sucking sickly sausage rolls

User avatar
Boustrophedon
Dorkwood
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:58 pm
Location: Lincolnshire Wolds

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by Boustrophedon » Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm

lpm wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:01 pm
With Hank, I mean! With Hank!

Not with Donald, god, what an image, sorry if I put that in your head. Obviously not with Donald.
That's a nope.
...zoologically improbable and/or terrifying to small children.

User avatar
FredM
Stargoon
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: Where's Melania?

Post by FredM » Sat May 16, 2020 7:34 am

Why all the fuss? She’s still around:
Attachments
316B3FD4-907D-48F9-B287-CC5D7A242432.jpeg
316B3FD4-907D-48F9-B287-CC5D7A242432.jpeg (165.47 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Post Reply