5G woo

Get your science fix here: research, quackery, activism and all the rest
darth tater
Gray Pubic

Re: 5G woo

Post by darth tater » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm going to have to leave "Nextdoor". Joined it for community alerts. My neighbourhood has been full of curtain twitching since we've all been shut in, to the extent of a cancer patient who went out to two separate appointments in different hospitals on the same day having the police sent round and having to show them the appointment letters. How neighbourly is that? Anyway, back on topic, it's now descended to someone asking who's got or is thinking of getting smart meters, which will expose their neighbours to the horrors of 5g. One guy referred to research, I asked for links but apparently it's not how he rolls.
Honn yw fatell wra y wul!

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Post by Boustrophedon » Thu May 28, 2020 8:50 am

And we have a winner; got your woo bingo card ready?

holographic
nano
catalyser
quantum
balance
harmonizes
plasmic.
The 5GBioShield USB Key emits a large number of life force frequencies favoring a general revitalization of the body, adjusting them according to the absorption capacity of each respective individual.
The 5GBioShield USB Key restores the coherence of the geometry of the atoms, which allows a perfect induction for life forces, by (re-) creating a cardiac coherence, via plasmic support and interactivity.
From here: https://5gbioshield.com/

Hjulet snurrar men hamstern är död.

Brightonian
Dorkwood

Post by Brightonian » Thu May 28, 2020 8:54 am

Boustrophedon wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:50 am

holographic
nano
catalyser
quantum
balance
harmonizes
plasmic.
The 5GBioShield USB Key emits a large number of life force frequencies favoring a general revitalization of the body, adjusting them according to the absorption capacity of each respective individual.
The 5GBioShield USB Key restores the coherence of the geometry of the atoms, which allows a perfect induction for life forces, by (re-) creating a cardiac coherence, via plasmic support and interactivity.

Just came to post about this. Here's Rory Cellan-Jones on the BBC site, with a report on reverse-engineering the USB stick.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Thu May 28, 2020 9:35 am

But you have to appreciate the cost of the intellectual property rights; knowing that the adorning of this £5 novelty USB stick with this sub-penny sticker allows it to emit a harmonising force field which protects the user from 5G is surely worth the extra £300 or so.

Plus of course if you plant it, it grows a giant beanstalk overnight.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Thu May 28, 2020 9:38 am

If it that has much effect on the body, has it been adequately tested?
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Thu May 28, 2020 9:46 am

There's not much of a problem with this. Adults decide to buy it. The price tag probably adds to the placebo effect. People who buy it will have done extensive reading/YouTube watching on the subject, and will be happy with their purchase. The government should legalise and tax the product.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Thu May 28, 2020 10:18 am

If the government approve medical devices to protect us from the 5Gs (and profit from them by whopping a tax on them) then we must have been right to burn down all those masts. Stands to reason.

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Thu May 28, 2020 11:07 am

lpm wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:46 am
There's not much of a problem with this. Adults decide to buy it. The price tag probably adds to the placebo effect. People who buy it will have done extensive reading/YouTube watching on the subject, and will be happy with their purchase. The government should legalise and tax the product.
As long as the purchase of them is linked to a removal of the right to vote or care for children because said adult is too stupid to be trusted with these things, then I'm all for that.

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Post by Boustrophedon » Thu May 28, 2020 3:03 pm

lpm wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:46 am
That is just barking. Whilst this product is clearly woo except perhaps to the most hardened of tin-foil-hat brigade, there is a long history of faulty, dangerous and non functional products that governments have decided in the past that we do need protecting from. Are you so f.cking sure of yourself and your education that you think you can do a full safety and function test on every single product you want to buy, before you have bought it? This is why we have British standards, ISO standards, the Cancer act, the Advertising standards authority, and the Consumers Association. Where is the dividing line between a fraudulent placebo product like this and a fake cancer cure?

Or are you so free market that you believe any company should be totally free to market whatever product they like without consequence?

Also the very existence of this product only serves to propagate the fake claims that 5G is dangerous.

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Post by Boustrophedon » Fri May 29, 2020 9:01 am

And there you go, as reported by the BBC: Trading Standards squad targets anti-5G USB stick
Trading Standards officers are seeking to halt sales of a device that has been claimed to offer protection against the supposed dangers of 5G via use of quantum technology.

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Post by Boustrophedon » Fri May 29, 2020 9:07 am

OFFS! The same pair; Anna Grochowalska and Valerio Laghezza run another company called Klotho therapeutics which is quite clearly breaking the Cancer act.

https://www.klotho.com/cancer/

plebian

Post by plebian » Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 pm

discovolante wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 am
Woody Harrelson too. Why do these dumbo actors keep falling for this stuff?
This reminds me, Cusack starred in 2012 (2009) with Harrelson playing a conspiracy theorist pirate radio host living in a RV in Yellowstone.

The neutrinos are mutating.

plebian

Post by plebian » Fri May 29, 2020 12:44 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:41 pm
Boustrophedon wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:34 pm
Is damaging 5G equipment serving say a major hospital terrorism?
I'm not sure how useful that description is, but it's probably arguable that it is. But then again if you wanted to put a different spin on it you might claim that it was civil disobedience. Not successfully, I would imagine.

Anyway, 20 more cases of f.ckwittery over the bank holiday: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52281315
Civil disobedience would be something like broadcasting jamming signals.

Damaging property with fire (easier to get out of hand, spread etc.) is surely a step up from that. This is worse than for example, injecting foam into speed cameras until they burst.

FredM
Clardic Fug

Post by FredM » Fri May 29, 2020 12:55 pm

Boustrophedon wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:50 am

holographic
nano
catalyser
quantum
balance
harmonizes
plasmic.

The co-inventor of this miracle product has also devised a ‘Natural Nuclear Waste Management System’ that allegedly facilitates the ‘foresting of world’s vast areas with date palms and carpeting them with verdure’. His CV has the title I AM GOD, ALSO.

I’m almost convinced.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Fri May 29, 2020 1:20 pm

FredM wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:55 pm
His CV has the title I AM GOD, ALSO.

I’m almost convinced.
It's a clue.

It's obviously an anagram of I ALSO GO MAD.

Opti
Dorkwood

Post by Opti » Fri May 29, 2020 1:29 pm

Sometimes I, sort of, wish I didn't have a moral compass. I could of* made a killing when I lived in woo central. And had a separate downstairs apartment that had planning permission for a 'clinic'.
Harmonic Colonics, that was going to be the one.
But my heart wasn't in it.
Then I look at the quacks in the Valleys, driving round in their Mercs, Audis and Beamers. And still think, no I couldn't do it.

f.cking loser, that's me.
Time for a big fat one.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Fri May 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Boustrophedon wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:03 pm
Where is the dividing line between a fraudulent placebo product like this and a fake cancer cure?
One targets vulnerable and desperate people, offering false hope. A fake product can make someone worse, particularly if they reject proper healthcare.

The other targets people who have "researched" the issue on YouTube. They are not ill and vulnerable, they are healthy and arrogant. They might get a placebo boost and cannot possibly be made more ill.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Fri May 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Opti wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:29 pm
Sometimes I, sort of, wish I didn't have a moral compass. I could of* made a killing when I lived in woo central. And had a separate downstairs apartment that had planning permission for a 'clinic'.
Then I look at the quacks in the Valleys, driving round in their Mercs, Audis and Beamers. And still think, no I couldn't do it.

Yebbut Imagine if you'd had the lack of scruples. You'd have made a mint and probably be sunning yourself on some Costa by now.

Opti
Dorkwood

Post by Opti » Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:02 pm
Opti wrote:

Yebbut Imagine if you'd had the lack of scruples. You'd have made a mint and probably be sunning yourself on some Costa by now.
Well, ok then. I'm doing that, as you rightly point out ... but without the mint. With the mint I could have been on top of the cliffs above us with a cinema room, infinity pool, cleaner, pool guy ...
As it is we have a simple life. Warmer than the UK, ridiculous car prices, higher taxes ... but wonderful municipal amenities.
Drove through Estepona yesterday and it looked absolutely beautiful.
Time for a big fat one.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Sat May 30, 2020 12:01 am

Opti wrote:
Shirley in this case you should have followed your gut?
Something something hammer something something nail

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Sat May 30, 2020 8:04 am

sTeamTraen wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:01 am
Opti wrote:
Shirley in this case you should have followed your gut?
I think you both need to think about turning down that hose pressure.
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...

Boustrophedon
Stummy Beige

Post by Boustrophedon » Sat May 30, 2020 9:25 am

lpm wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:54 pm
Boustrophedon wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:03 pm
Where is the dividing line between a fraudulent placebo product like this and a fake cancer cure?
One targets vulnerable and desperate people, offering false hope. A fake product can make someone worse, particularly if they reject proper healthcare.

The other targets people who have "researched" the issue on YouTube. They are not ill and vulnerable, they are healthy and arrogant. They might get a placebo boost and cannot possibly be made more ill.
And the fact that it reinforces the irrational prejudice against 5G? As I Pointed out up there, trading standards agree with me*.

*So there!

Cardinal Fang
Snowbonk

Post by Cardinal Fang » Sun May 31, 2020 3:36 pm

Boustrophedon wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:07 am
OFFS! The same pair; Anna Grochowalska and Valerio Laghezza run another company called Klotho therapeutics which is quite clearly breaking the Cancer act.

https://www.klotho.com/cancer/
They're registered in San Diego. Is the Cancer Act enforcable on an overseas company advertising on the internet?

CF

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sun May 31, 2020 6:15 pm

I seem to have found one:

https://twitter.com/ParkinJim/status/12 ... 9066874880
Do you understand anything about viruses? There is nothing to do with the radio waves used in telecommunications. Smallpox killed before mobile phones, and was eradicated by vaccination. Polio & measles still kill - especially the unvaccinated.

https://twitter.com/etchmo/status/1267112743292882944
Smallpox was not "eradicated" either. You can still catch this.
Also Polio was not eradicated. They rebranded it, as Non-Polio Acute Flaccid Paralysis.
THEY'RE A BIGGER JOKE THAN YOU.
I admit that I later got my maths wrong (writing that 350ueV was a millionth not a 10-thousandth of ~ 3ueV), but still.

But still this is a corker:
Etch Radioactive sign
@etchmo
Replying to
@ParkinJim

@BassHeavy3
and 10 others
Ahhh... Another halfwit, only talking about ionisation or mutations, as if it's radioactive.
Ignoring the fact that radio waves disrupt the entire ionosphere and also ignoring all of scalar physics and quantum field theory - relative to humans, creatures and wildlife.
6:54 PM · May 31, 2020·Twitter for Android
I am actually struggling to parse what that means. I do find it amusing that their twitter bio talks about "respect"
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sun May 31, 2020 8:20 pm

That rings a bell. There was a vaxx troll back in the old country who also claimed smallpox hadn't been eradicated.

Eventually it turned out he was talking about some other rare condition which isn't actually smallpox. He raised a case of a US soldier who had been vaccinated (against smallpox?) and had somehow consequently infected his son with (whatever this thing was) which caused a very severe skin condition the troll declared was smallpox. Wish I could remember the details.