Donald Trump's health

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:21 pm

So I've previously mentioned Project Lincoln succeeding in winding up Trump by placing a single advert* during his favourite tv show only in DC. Well it turns out, it had such an effect, his own campain have spent upward of four hundred thousand dollars running adverts to counter them...in DC. That's right, over four hundred thousand dollars to convince Trump they are doing something, as realistically, he's the only intended audience, what with DC's voting record.

*This raised their profile and got in donations, and now they are running plenty of attack ads. They are former republicans who hate what Trump did to their party, and know how to appeal to the kind of traditional republican voter who has doubts about Trump. Their first ad was "Mourning in America", riffing off a Reagon one, and one of their recent ones is "Flag of Treason".

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:55 pm

EACLucifer wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:21 pm
So I've previously mentioned Project Lincoln succeeding in winding up Trump by placing a single advert* during his favourite tv show only in DC. Well it turns out, it had such an effect, his own campain have spent upward of four hundred thousand dollars running adverts to counter them...in DC. That's right, over four hundred thousand dollars to convince Trump they are doing something, as realistically, he's the only intended audience, what with DC's voting record.

*This raised their profile and got in donations, and now they are running plenty of attack ads. They are former republicans who hate what Trump did to their party, and know how to appeal to the kind of traditional republican voter who has doubts about Trump. Their first ad was "Mourning in America", riffing off a Reagon one, and one of their recent ones is "Flag of Treason".
This was a beautiful story

https://twitter.com/ljkbennett/status/1 ... 83520?s=20

And probably caused Trump some distraction from doing something damaging.

ETA, it's probably fake
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 am

1) Rampgate.

Here's the video:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1271902553417138176

Here's Trump's explanation:
racistDonaldTrump wrote:The ramp that I descended after my West Point Commencement speech was very long & steep, had no handrail and, most importantly, was very slippery. The last thing I was going to do is “fall” for the Fake News to have fun with. Final ten feet I ran down to level ground. Momentum!
I'm not convinced rampgate merits a gate. It could be a physical injury/stiffness after playing golf, he's favouring his left leg like you do when right knee is sore. And he's wearing high heels. And has bone spurs. But also not convinced the ramp was "very long" or "very steep", and the "final ten feet" is more like two feet, and "ran down" more like "sped up to something less than a jog".

Chariots of Fire version:
https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/12 ... 7845291008

2) Watergate.

Here's the video:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1271820635040362497

You can see the bra straps of his brace in other pictures taken yesterday. They still haven't figured out how to get the tailoring of the shoulder pads right to disguise the straps. So I think this might just be his right arm is constrained somehow by the brace and he can't lift it enough. Not sure it's a brain problem - brain cells failing to give instructions to the arm - looks more a physical issue with the arm?
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:06 am

lpm wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 am
1) Rampgate.

Here's the video:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1271902553417138176

Here's Trump's explanation:
racistDonaldTrump wrote:The ramp that I descended after my West Point Commencement speech was very long & steep, had no handrail and, most importantly, was very slippery. The last thing I was going to do is “fall” for the Fake News to have fun with. Final ten feet I ran down to level ground. Momentum!
I'm not convinced rampgate merits a gate. It could be a physical injury/stiffness after playing golf, he's favouring his left leg like you do when right knee is sore. And he's wearing high heels. And has bone spurs. But also not convinced the ramp was "very long" or "very steep", and the "final ten feet" is more like two feet, and "ran down" more like "sped up to something less than a jog".

Chariots of Fire version:
https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/12 ... 7845291008

2) Watergate.

Here's the video:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1271820635040362497

You can see the bra straps of his brace in other pictures taken yesterday. They still haven't figured out how to get the tailoring of the shoulder pads right to disguise the straps. So I think this might just be his right arm is constrained somehow by the brace and he can't lift it enough. Not sure it's a brain problem - brain cells failing to give instructions to the arm - looks more a physical issue with the arm?
My parents are about that age and would would walk awkwardly down a similar ramp. They don't have any specific mobility related medical diagnoses. Just decades of wear and tear.

Likewise for the water. Could easily just be due to pain in his joints or muscles. I get that often enough in my late 40s...

Sciolus
Dorkwood

Post by Sciolus » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:03 am

That is a steep ramp that wouldn't meet accessibility specs. The only thing thing that's slightly (but not particularly) unusual for someone his age, or is of any interest, is his determined lies about his physical condition; and even that's really not a big deal.
Roosevelt convinced many people that he was improving, which he believed to be essential prior to running for public office again.[102] He laboriously taught himself to walk short distances while wearing iron braces on his hips and legs by swiveling his torso, supporting himself with a cane.[103] Roosevelt was careful never to be seen using his wheelchair in public, and great care was taken to prevent any portrayal in the press that would highlight his disability.[104] However, his disability was well known before and during his presidency and became a major part of his image. He usually appeared in public standing upright, supported on one side by an aide or one of his sons.[105]

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 am

Another water drinking fail for lpm.

Woodchopper - really it shouldn't matter, as you say age comes to us all, but for Trump everything about him must be perfect and there's sooooo much denial.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am

I know people are talking of him wearing a body brace, but is it possible it's body armour he's wearing, which could also restrict movement to some extent?
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:50 am

Gfamily wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am
I know people are talking of him wearing a body brace, but is it possible it's body armour he's wearing, which could also restrict movement to some extent?
That seems excessive, wouldn't it be easier just to stop Melania getting access to the weapons in the first place? #2ndAmendmentFLOTUS
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 am

FlammableFlower wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 am

Woodchopper - really it shouldn't matter, as you say age comes to us all, but for Trump everything about him must be perfect and there's sooooo much denial.
It's not just that - he mocked others over their physical frailties and his lies about being a big strong man are central to his image and appeal.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:53 am

tom p wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 am
FlammableFlower wrote:

It's not just that - he mocked others over their physical frailties and his lies about being a big strong man are central to his image and appeal.
Yes, it has put the issue of his possible dementia into the public arena. We also shouldn't look at these two in isolation. We have loads of footage of him demonstrating what look like neurological issues.

And it also got #WaterGait trending on Twitter, which is about the most amusing thing Trump has ever done.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:12 pm

tom p wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 am
FlammableFlower wrote:

Good point.

Also, noticed that during his original campaigning to be the GOP nominee he very directly slated Rubio for being unable to drink from a bottle of water whilst on TV.

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:40 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:

Of course.

Seeing as he has done it again it looks like he has trouble moving his right hand above the level of his chin. Probably an injury to his shoulder. Maybe caused by golf.

But as he is vain no one has stated what's wrong.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Woodchopper wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:40 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:

Of course.

Seeing as he has done it again it looks like he has trouble moving his right hand above the level of his chin. Probably an injury to his shoulder. Maybe caused by golf.

That would be quite an irony, considering he both admonished Obama for playing "so much" golf, and yet he himself has spent a ridiculous amount of time doing so.

I do wonder what he'd do with himself if he ended up unable to play? He's shown so little interest for much else apart from watching TV and tweeting...

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:30 pm

It's probably a w.nking injury. I'd assume being president makes it a bit more difficult to grope teenagers, hire prostitutes or sleep with p.rn stars, and the NDAs wouldn't stick any more either. And his wife obviously hates him.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:16 pm

Woodchopper wrote:
FlammableFlower wrote:

Of course.

That doesn't account for his right hand at Veterans Day - when he had to stop it rising

https://twitter.com/daveznothereman/sta ... 6177268743

Woodchopper
Princess POW

Post by Woodchopper » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:41 pm

jimbob wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:16 pm
Woodchopper wrote:
FlammableFlower wrote:

Of course.

That doesn't account for his right hand at Veterans Day - when he had to stop it rising

https://twitter.com/daveznothereman/sta ... 6177268743
An uncontrollable arm. Here's a previous case: https://youtu.be/mzddAYYDZkk?t=111

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:55 pm

And the condition is actually named after him, delightfully enough.

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:54 am

Grumble wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:55 pm
Bewildered wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:13 pm
Every time I see this thread bumped i get a false hope that he has caught COVID and now might die. Just saying,
Grumble wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pm
This thread may have some Covid stuff in recently, not sure it’s a Covid thread as such though.
Yes, and it was reported to me, and I asked the mods to look at it, and a discussion was had, and then I considered splitting out the various bits, but then... you f.cks decided to argue about a wide variety of things and report each other endlessly, so... we've not got back to that yet.

that ok?
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:19 am

lpm wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:17 pm
He's losing the ability to lie convincingly - his brain is only capable of telling lies, no longer capable of judging which lies might work.
So true!
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:43 am

Sad!

Stephanie
Stummy Beige

Post by Stephanie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:56 am

Right, for those of you hopeful about Trump succumbing to the covid, there is a separate thread here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1363
"I got a flu virus named after me 'cause I kissed a bat on a dare."

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Stephanie wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:56 am
Right, for those of you hopeful about Trump succumbing to the covid, there is a separate thread here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1363
Ta!

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:39 pm

Tremendous. You know, a lot of people are saying, they're saying we have the best mods in the world.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:39 pm
Tremendous. You know, a lot of people are saying, they're saying we have the best mods in the world.
The military have a name for them, it's super-dooper mods, they are like 17 times faster than other mods and can do tremendous damage to bags of crisps, tremendous damage like you wouldn't believe.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm

You do have to wonder at his thought processes...
At the White House, Trump revealed his thoughts on the efficacy of testing.

“If we stop testing right now,” the president said, “we’d have very few cases, if any.”