Donald Trump's health

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Post Reply
User avatar
TopBadger
Stargoon
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Halfway up

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by TopBadger » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:36 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm
You do have to wonder at his thought processes...
At the White House, Trump revealed his thoughts on the efficacy of testing.

“If we stop testing right now,” the president said, “we’d have very few cases, if any.”
Reminds me of my toddler - who thinks if he closes his eyes so he can't see me, then I can't see him.
You can't polish a turd...
unless its Lion or Osterich poo... http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbus ... -turd.html

User avatar
Little waster
Dorkwood
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am
Location: About 1 inch behind my eyes

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Little waster » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:51 pm

TopBadger wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:36 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm
You do have to wonder at his thought processes...
At the White House, Trump revealed his thoughts on the efficacy of testing.

“If we stop testing right now,” the president said, “we’d have very few cases, if any.”
Reminds me of my toddler - who thinks if he closes his eyes so he can't see me, then I can't see him.
The current biggest difference between Trump and a toddler being that toddlers are toilet-trained.
People who use Godwin's Law are worse than Hitler.

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Still it is going to be interesting to see how those who have consistently denied there being a problem are going to deal with what he'll be like by November.

In some way I don't want him to get covid, as that might give them an excuse. But just continuing his decline, they will have to work out when to ditch him, and whether that will look bad to their supporters.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
Bird on a Fire
Light of Blast
Posts: 4243
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Location: nadir of brie

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Bird on a Fire » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 pm

Trump is an incredibly valuable tool allowing a lot of powerful people to implement their agenda. They're not just going to dump him. They can probably Weekend at Bernie's him for ages like they did with Reagan, and Trump will go along with it because his only other options are Moscow or jail.
THINK BIG AND UPEND THE SYSTEM

#ShowYourStripes

EACLucifer
Catbabel
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am
Location: Behind you

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by EACLucifer » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:00 am

Gfamily wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am
I know people are talking of him wearing a body brace, but is it possible it's body armour he's wearing, which could also restrict movement to some extent?
If it is, it's not up to much. Proper plate carriers are bulky.

tom p
Catbabel
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: the low countries

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by tom p » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:01 am

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 pm
Trump is an incredibly valuable tool allowing a lot of powerful people to implement their agenda. They're not just going to dump him. They can probably Weekend at Bernie's him for ages like they did with Reagan, and Trump will go along with it because his only other options are Moscow or jail.
He's like a racist zaphod beeblebrox

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Martin Y » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:29 am

I was listening to a Drunk Women Solving Crime pod and, in among the stupid b.llsh.t, someone said a thing. Maybe not a novel insight but one I hadn't thought of.

She said control freaks don't drink; they hate losing control. It made me think of Donny.

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:48 pm

TRUMP: "It's all misrepresentation. Because, yes, the first few questions are easy, but I'll bet you couldn't even answer the last five questions. I'll bet you couldn't, they get very hard, the last five questions."

WALLACE: "Well, one of them was count back from 100 by seven."
Trump on taking his cognitive test
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Location: COUNT THE VOTE. STOP THE COUNT.

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by lpm » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Hard to spot because he covers it up so brilliantly, but he nearly wobbles over here.

Although perhaps he meant to do it, as part of his cool double-point-at-imaginary-friend-in-crowd routine.

Doesn't seem to be a reason why he had trouble. His right leg goes sort of floppy?

His speech is even more slow and slurred than a couple of months ago.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1299522424036372486
I'll miss him after he's fled to Riyadh

User avatar
sTeamTraen
Dorkwood
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Location: Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by sTeamTraen » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:52 pm

lpm wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:03 pm
Although perhaps he meant to do it, as part of his cool double-point-at-imaginary-friend-in-crowd routine.
One doesn't know any more with Trump, but it actually looked to me like he was mostly in control here. If he was Norman Wisdom you'd smile. The "fall" and the recovery are pretty much symmetrical --- if his leg was really going out from under him I'd expect a lot more jerkiness.
Something something hammer something something nail

User avatar
Woodchopper
After Pie
Posts: 2061
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Woodchopper » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:53 pm

Probably due to him wearing heels to make him look taller.

User avatar
Martin_B
Snowbonk
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Martin_B » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:37 am

lpm wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:03 pm
Hard to spot because he covers it up so brilliantly, but he nearly wobbles over here.

Although perhaps he meant to do it, as part of his cool double-point-at-imaginary-friend-in-crowd routine.

Doesn't seem to be a reason why he had trouble. His right leg goes sort of floppy?

His speech is even more slow and slurred than a couple of months ago.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1299522424036372486
TBH, it looks more like a temporary platform which wasn't entirely stable and shifted slightly when Trump stepped onto it. If his leg was an issue, he'd probably have stumbled a lot more.
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Martin Y » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:07 am

Yeah, the leg looks okay, it's probably just the stroke affecting his balance.

User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Location: COUNT THE VOTE. STOP THE COUNT.

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by lpm » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm

I have not had a series of gonorrhea infections requiring treatment at my local STI centre.
I'll miss him after he's fled to Riyadh

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:30 pm

lpm wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm
I have not had a series of gonorrhea infections requiring treatment at my local STI centre.
Ah - I now see the tweet to which you were referring.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

FlammableFlower
Catbabel
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by FlammableFlower » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:03 pm

lpm wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm
I have not had a series of gonorrhea infections requiring treatment at my local STI centre.
He just choked...

User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Location: COUNT THE VOTE. STOP THE COUNT.

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by lpm » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 pm

lpm retweeted
lpm wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm
I have not had a series of gonorrhea infections requiring treatment at my local STI centre.
I'll miss him after he's fled to Riyadh

User avatar
Martin Y
Dorkwood
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Martin Y » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:32 pm

For those of us who have no f.cking idea what LPM's STI joke is about, is it still funny the second time?

User avatar
lpm
After Pie
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Location: COUNT THE VOTE. STOP THE COUNT.

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by lpm » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Why are you talking about STIs when I have clearly said I don't have any?
I'll miss him after he's fled to Riyadh

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:45 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:32 pm
For those of us who have no f.cking idea what LPM's STI joke is about, is it still funny the second time?
It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
sTeamTraen
Dorkwood
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Location: Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by sTeamTraen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:47 pm

jimbob wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:45 pm
Martin Y wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:32 pm
For those of us who have no f.cking idea what LPM's STI joke is about, is it still funny the second time?
It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!
Yeah, LPM tweeted the second of those a couple of days ago. Keep up, Martin.
Something something hammer something something nail

bmforre
Fuzzable
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Trondheim

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by bmforre » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm

I take for granted that sTeamTraen's avatar is a no-Trump Donald.

User avatar
jimbob
After Pie
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Location: High Peak/Manchester

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by jimbob » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm

bmforre wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm
I take for granted that sTeamTraen's avatar is a no-Trump Donald.
As an aside, we stayed in a holiday cottage in Mallaig a few years ago, and the owner's grandfather was Donald Duck, who had been born and named 10 years before the Disney character.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

User avatar
sTeamTraen
Dorkwood
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Location: Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by sTeamTraen » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:22 pm

jimbob wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm
bmforre wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm
I take for granted that sTeamTraen's avatar is a no-Trump Donald.
As an aside, we stayed in a holiday cottage in Mallaig a few years ago, and the owner's grandfather was Donald Duck, who had been born and named 10 years before the Disney character.
Can you imagine him getting pulled over by the cops, especially in the era before most people had printed ID?

"Name?"
"Donald Duck"
"Oh, comedian, eh?" *whack*
Something something hammer something something nail

User avatar
Little waster
Dorkwood
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am
Location: About 1 inch behind my eyes

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by Little waster » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:47 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:22 pm
jimbob wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm
bmforre wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm
I take for granted that sTeamTraen's avatar is a no-Trump Donald.
As an aside, we stayed in a holiday cottage in Mallaig a few years ago, and the owner's grandfather was Donald Duck, who had been born and named 10 years before the Disney character.
Can you imagine him getting pulled over by the cops, especially in the era before most people had printed ID?

"Name?"
"Donald Duck"
"Oh, comedian, eh?" *whack* *quack*
FTFM
People who use Godwin's Law are worse than Hitler.

Post Reply