UK Track and Trace Apps

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Re: UK Track and Trace Apps

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:44 am

The government wants everyone to get new phones so the amount of 5G increases so they can perpetuate the coronavirus hoax and make everyone stay at home indefinitely which benefits them in some way
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

JQH
After Pie

Post by JQH » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Grumble wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:43 am
lpm wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:03 am
The government should pay for JQH's new phone.
JQH should make himself a new phone from his own bootstraps.
Got some tins and a length of string.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:06 pm

"can't smell string = you have covid"
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:22 pm

shpalman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:06 pm
"can't smell string = you have covid"
Definitely true in the case of JQH’s string.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Also if the string is at least 2 metres long it will help with not catching it.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:05 pm

@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

MartinDurkin
Clardic Fug

Post by MartinDurkin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:49 am

My phone (Samsung A70 on latest Android) has the English NHS T&T app installed. This morning I got an alert on my lockscreen saying I had been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. When I unlocked the phone the notification had disappeared and there is nothing in the app to confirm the contact. It seems I am now supposed to quarantine for 14 days on the strength of this fleeting, possibly misread, notification.

Anyone else had the same? Surely the app should retain some record of any notifications.

badger
Fuzzable

Post by badger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:34 am

MartinDurkin wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:49 am
My phone (Samsung A70 on latest Android) has the English NHS T&T app installed. This morning I got an alert on my lockscreen saying I had been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. When I unlocked the phone the notification had disappeared and there is nothing in the app to confirm the contact. It seems I am now supposed to quarantine for 14 days on the strength of this fleeting, possibly misread, notification.

Anyone else had the same? Surely the app should retain some record of any notifications.
Weird there's no inbox for notifications. I've just checked mine and can't see anything either. Maybe phone Test & Trace?

What's to be gained by not having a repository for notifications in the app? Odd design choice, to say the least.

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:37 am

I think thats an example of an issue that can be raised here.
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/create-case/
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

MartinDurkin
Clardic Fug

Post by MartinDurkin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:44 am

Gfamily wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:37 am
I think thats an example of an issue that can be raised here.
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/create-case/
Done, thanks.

bagpuss
After Pie

Post by bagpuss » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am

MartinDurkin wrote:

There was a report on the Today programme this morning of exactly this happening to someone. A spokesman was very clear that if there's been a genuine contact it will be obvious within the app. If there's just a notification with nothing in the app, then it should be reported as per Gfamily's link

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Bird on a Fire wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:44 am
The government wants everyone to get new phones so the amount of 5G increases so they can perpetuate the coronavirus hoax and make everyone stay at home indefinitely which benefits them in some way
"In some way" = "More kickbacks from Bill Gates". Duh.
Something something hammer something something nail

MartinDurkin
Clardic Fug

Post by MartinDurkin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:56 pm

bagpuss wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am
MartinDurkin wrote:

There was a report on the Today programme this morning of exactly this happening to someone. A spokesman was very clear that if there's been a genuine contact it will be obvious within the app. If there's just a notification with nothing in the app, then it should be reported as per Gfamily's link
On some level I feel bad for preferring advice from a random anonymous person* on the internet over a government approved app, but that's where we're at I guess.

*No disrespect intended bagpuss

bagpuss
After Pie

Post by bagpuss » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:58 pm

MartinDurkin wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:56 pm
bagpuss wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am
MartinDurkin wrote:

On some level I feel bad for preferring advice from a random anonymous person* on the internet over a government approved app, but that's where we're at I guess.

*No disrespect intended bagpuss
:lol:

Gfamily
Light of Blast

Post by Gfamily » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:42 pm

MartinDurkin wrote:

According to the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54326267
Screenshot_20200928-174119.jpg
Screenshot_20200928-174119.jpg (419.82 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

bolo
Dorkwood

Post by bolo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:16 pm

I have the Virginia version of this app. I get weekly notifications reminding me that it's turned on and working. It's very clear that these are NOT exposure notifications. If the UK app can't tell the difference, then it's a load of crap to blame that on Apple and Google.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Yeah the Italian app also occasionally pops up a notification just to say that it's still working. It says something like "Exposure notifications are on" (the app actually has a pretty good English translation). It will also pop up to warn me if bluetooth is off for some reason.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

discovolante
Stummy Beige

Post by discovolante » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:56 pm

Yep I get that on the Scotland one too.
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

kerrya1
Clardic Fug

Post by kerrya1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:58 am

Yes, the Scottish one has a weekly message just letting you know it's still running, and it's pretty clear that thats all it is.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Mine popped a message up which wasn’t totally clear but I didn’t think it was warning me of a problem.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Actually I noticed by tapping on it that the notification comes from the operating system, which then shows you the app which is using the API.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

MartinDurkin
Clardic Fug

Post by MartinDurkin » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:48 am

Well I had another notification on my lockscreen. I was a bit more careful this time and when I unlocked the phone there was a notification icon at the top of the screen. Pulling down revealed a message saying something like "Someone near you has tested positive for COVID19 ...". I assumed there would be more info available and clicked on the notification, but that just opened the app which has no notification record inside it and of course the notification has disappeard.

bagpuss
After Pie

Post by bagpuss » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am

MartinDurkin wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:48 am
Well I had another notification on my lockscreen. I was a bit more careful this time and when I unlocked the phone there was a notification icon at the top of the screen. Pulling down revealed a message saying something like "Someone near you has tested positive for COVID19 ...". I assumed there would be more info available and clicked on the notification, but that just opened the app which has no notification record inside it and of course the notification has disappeard.
I wonder if this means that you've been briefly in range of someone who's tested positive but that the system/app has assessed the contact as minimal or very low risk or whatever - eg if the bluetooth signal was weak and you were only in range for a very brief time.

headshot
Dorkwood

Post by headshot » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:37 am

Possibly, but it really shouldn't be this ambiguous should it?!

philip
Bank Butt

Post by philip » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:14 pm

It appears that random sites on the internet have more information than the NHS site: https://twitter.com/brad_lead/status/13 ... 6211262466