Donald Trump's health

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
lpm
Junior Mod

Re: Donald Trump's health

Post by lpm » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:54 pm

Oh no, not Stephen Miller. How can Covid bear to be inside such a vile host?
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 pm

Having called off all stimulus talks until after the election, he's now agreeing with the chair of the Fed's argument that there's very little risk of overdoing with stimulus, but massive risk of underdoing it. This is just a couple of days after an all caps tweet about the need for stimulus.

I know he's normally utterly shite and incoherent, but can't but wonder if COVID and med side effects are making him worse

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 am

Although it seemed like a perfectly karmic story that Trump would be seriously debilitated or even killed by the virus he failed to take seriously, it was only ever a low percentage chance that infection would seriously harm him, but what are his odds now?

He's discharged himself from hospital to look "strong" but is clearly breathless and struggling despite whatever horse pills they've fed him to keep him upright and perky. That action seems likely to worsen his chance of relapsing in the next few days, but I don't really have any grasp on the odds. Has he f.cked himself over by trying to look fearless or will he probably still get away with it? If he continues to manage not to keel over, how long before we can say he's probably out of the woods?

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:21 am

Coming off steroids is awful. Really drags you down. After having had a glorious time of being pumped up.

At least, the sort that you have to taper downwards over weeks. Not sure whether that's true for dexamethasone whatsit.

This is not going to be a happy week for him. He's so desperate for narcissistic supply but is too ill to get it.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:23 am

Martin Y wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 am
Although it seemed like a perfectly karmic story that Trump would be seriously debilitated or even killed by the virus he failed to take seriously, it was only ever a low percentage chance that infection would seriously harm him, but what are his odds now?

He's discharged himself from hospital to look "strong" but is clearly breathless and struggling despite whatever horse pills they've fed him to keep him upright and perky. That action seems likely to worsen his chance of relapsing in the next few days, but I don't really have any grasp on the odds. Has he f.cked himself over by trying to look fearless or will he probably still get away with it? If he continues to manage not to keel over, how long before we can say he's probably out of the woods?
It was four weeks between Hermann Cain's diagnosis and death. He's probably not done much to himself because the White House has extensive facilities. He has, however, needlessly endangered others.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:44 am

If any of Trump's doctors are on this forum, you need to check on him quick. He's given himself a double dose of his steroids and is tweeting mad sh.t.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:09 am

The tweets attacking Hillary Clinton are pretty devastating. Seems little hope her polling numbers will withstand the accusations. Yet again, Trump shows his strange political genius in focusing in on just what hurts his opponent the most.

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:24 am

I phoned the White House and got put through to the medical center. But it's just one nurse on the evening shift and with the queue of infected employees she hasn't time to check his meds. I suggested she offers Trump another helicopter ride if he stops tweeting. We'll see if that does the trick.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:17 am

I have to say the scriptwriters are just phoning it in with the current Rudy Giulani sub-plot, I know they need to put in a few laughs to lighten the overall mood but that plot line is just silly.

I suppose with the infamous "Episode 9*" almost upon us they are hoping for an emotional gut punch when the Deranged Goblin gets shanked but I really don't think anyone is that emotionally invested in the Tangerine Emperor's jester TBH.

When the band start thumping out the Rains of Castermere nobody is going to care about him bleeding out on the floor given all the rest of the mayhem going on around him.

I've also got a bad feeling about the way they keep showing a clearly sweaty Eric eyeing up the clocktower while symbolically w.nking off his AR15.

*leaked title "The best is yet to come!" which I suppose is meant ironically
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:36 am

lpm wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:54 pm
Oh no, not Stephen Miller. How can Covid bear to be inside such a vile host?
He seems to be the nastiest piece of work among all the nasty pieces of work that the clown has enabled. I will feel even more delight at his misfortune than Trump's.
Something something hammer something something nail

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:35 am

Martin Y wrote:

This might not be entirely his fault - but made worse by him and of course his carers should have dealt with it:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... st13249287
I’ve been on Dex on and off over the last 8 years, talked to a lot of fellow patients on it, and and it is definitely a mental high. Not a pot-type high, which may be to what your wife is referring, but a modest amphetamine-type high. The kind of high described by bipolar patients in the euphoric stages of their disease. And this component was definitely distinct from the pleasure of just experiencing a relief from that pain relievers alone produced. I felt smarter and quicker thinking than ever. I didn’t need sleep. I was euphoric. I wasthe most clever person in the room.

And there was a rebound effect when the Dex wore off, one that occurred even as the pain relief continued: I grew sleepy and dim-witted. Etc.
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:37 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:23 am
Martin Y wrote:

It was four weeks between Hermann Cain's diagnosis and death. He's probably not done much to himself because the White House has extensive facilities. He has, however, needlessly endangered others.
If he held on another day and was in the UK he wouldn't have been counted as a COVID-19 death

El Pollo Diablo
Stummy Beige

Post by El Pollo Diablo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:01 pm

jimbob wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:35 am
And there was a rebound effect when the Dex wore off, one that occurred even as the pain relief continued: I grew sleepy and dim-witted. Etc.
Wow, imagine a dimwitted Trump.
If truth is many-sided, mendacity is many-tongued

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:56 pm

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:01 pm
jimbob wrote:
"Wombat, mane, parson, caravan, ... something else"
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Based on the raw numbers I would guess that Trump has an 80-90% chance of surviving COVID. But the numbers of senior Republican and WH staff infected are such that there are probably one or two who won't.
Something something hammer something something nail

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:15 pm

El Pollo Diablo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:01 pm
jimbob wrote:
I know, and Giordano almost certainly wants that inference to be drawn.

AMS
Snowbonk

Post by AMS » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:54 pm

The White House doctors say anti-SARS CoV 2 IgGs are detectable in Trump's blood. It's been pointed out that they bl..dy well ought to be after an 8g dose of the Regeneron therapeutic antibody cocktail.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 pm

AMS wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:54 pm
The White House doctors say anti-SARS CoV 2 IgGs are detectable in Trump's blood. It's been pointed out that they bl..dy well ought to be after an 8g dose of the Regeneron therapeutic antibody cocktail.
That's like saying opiates are detectable in my blood :lol:

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:19 am

The latest "proof of life" video talks about him getting back from the hospital yesterday, when in fact it was the day before that. It does raise the inevitable question of when it was really filmed. Surely they could slip in a copy of today's newspaper or something :roll:

Edit to add that, funnily enough, it has obvious edits in, too.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:25 pm
Admiral Ray, Vice Commandant of the US Coast Guard has tested positive. Joint chiefs of staff now in quarantine and working from home :shock:
General Thomas, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps too, now.

This probably got into the top ranks of the US military via a White House event featuring Trump, Admiral Ray, and a number of families of fallen American servicepeople

Squeak
Catbabel

Post by Squeak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:11 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 am
EACLucifer wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:25 pm
Admiral Ray, Vice Commandant of the US Coast Guard has tested positive. Joint chiefs of staff now in quarantine and working from home :shock:
General Thomas, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps too, now.

This probably got into the top ranks of the US military via a White House event featuring Trump, Admiral Ray, and a number of families of fallen American servicepeople
And since they're doing a piss poor job of contact tracing, we'll probably never find out how many of those poor family members have been infected.

AMS
Snowbonk

Post by AMS » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:36 am

sTeamTraen wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:13 pm
Based on the raw numbers I would guess that Trump has an 80-90% chance of surviving COVID. But the numbers of senior Republican and WH staff infected are such that there are probably one or two who won't.
A more serious case:
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/arti ... ssion=true

Though if his hospitalisation precedes the superspreader events, he may even be the WH index case.

Aitch
Snowbonk

Post by Aitch » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:24 am

"...which handles credentialing for access..."

And the English language gets another kicking. What's wrong with just using the word credentials?
Some people call me strange.
I prefer unconventional.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept eccentric

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:51 am

Aitch wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:24 am

And the English language gets another kicking. What's wrong with just using the word credentials?
What’s wrong with verbing nouns? That’s the beauty of languaging.
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

tenchboy
After Pie

Post by tenchboy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:40 am

Grumble wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:51 am
Aitch wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:24 am

What’s wrong with verbing nouns? That’s the beauty of languaging.
<Walks to centre of stage>
<Beholds audience>
<Raises right arm in dramatic gesture>
"Antimetheria"
<Leaves stage>
If you want me Steve, just Snapchat me yeah? You know how to Snapchap me doncha Steve? You just...