cOvId_19 the reunrelockdown

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
shpalman
Princess POW

cOvId_19 the reunrelockdown

Post by shpalman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:11 pm

having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

nezumi
Dorkwood

Re: cOvId_19 the reunrelockdown

Post by nezumi » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:38 pm

This whole thing really has laid bare how generally thick my countrypeople actually are. When I'm really stressing about everything in world, I sometimes fantasise I'm living in a country where everyone's really smart and none of this abject stupidity was happening. Never lasts long though.
Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Why not just have Christmas at a different time of year when the shops aren't so busy?

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:01 pm

You derped my joke in the OP but fair enough this is a parody thread.

IF TIERS WORKED WE WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED THE LOCKDOWN WHICH ISN'T EVEN FINISHED YET
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:04 pm

I felt the need. The need for herp derp.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:49 pm
Why not just have Christmas at a different time of year when the shops aren't so busy?
Covid is clearly a hoax perpetrated by the Russians to get the West to align with the Orthodox Church.

You heard it here first. #BOAFAnon
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Srsly tho one of my best friend at uni was a Russian and she said they all went to the January sales to buy each other's Christmas presents and they could get stuff mental cheap
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Millennie Al
After Pie

Post by Millennie Al » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:29 am

Martin Y wrote:
Like the Australians who have it in the summer?

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:36 am

Millennie Al wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:29 am
Martin Y wrote:
Like the Australians who have it in the summer?
Sometimes we have it in the winter, too. Well, "Winter"
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:14 am

"for you it's winter, but for me it's July"
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Martin Y wrote:
On Thursday, Dad said that he's happy postponing Christmas to March, for example
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:18 pm

jimbob wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:05 pm
Martin Y wrote:
On Thursday, Dad said that he's happy postponing Christmas to March, for example
A tradition among my colleagues (who work out on the road for BBC Radio) is to have a work Christmas dinner when most of them are together for once, and that's at Glastonbury.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Italy will impose a very strict lockdown for the days of the 25th-26th of December, and the 1st of January. I actually wonder if this is to give the police a few days off from having to check people are travelling for valid reasons, as well as trying to avoid that people have big family dinners at which they infect their elderly relatives.

This is on top of a more generalized don't-all-rush-back-to-the-south-of-Italy lockdown from the 21st to the 6th of January, which of course means that Christmas will be the weekend of the 19th-20th for many people. Two weeks' isolation will be mandatory for just about anyone who returns to Italy from abroad, as opposed to being able to get by with a negative covid result 72 hours before arriving or 48 hours afterwards.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:29 am

Kay Burley accidentally has a birthday party because she needed to have a wee in a restaurant or something
Burley, who was facing an internal inquiry on Monday night over the incident, went to the Century Club in Soho, London, to mark the occasion in a group of 10 that included Sky colleagues Beth Rigby, Inzamam Rashid and Sam Washington.

The group sat at two tables, of six and four, before going on to a nearby restaurant, Folie. A smaller group of four then returned to Burley’s home to continue the celebrations.
“I had been waiting for a taxi at 11pm to get home. Desperate for the loo, I briefly popped into another restaurant to spend a penny. I can only apologise.”
she did not address why a group of four people, including Rashid and former Sky News royal correspondent and Huawei PR executive Paul Harrison, returned to her home after the dinner, a claim that is not believed to be in dispute
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:53 am

Lol, you're in a bad position if even your fake excuses break the rules.

In London you cannot go to indoor restaurants with anyone outside your household. Only if outside in a park or something could you pretend your group of 10 was in a six and a four, which would not breach the rule of six.

You obviously cannot invite people back to your home to continue a party indoors.
⭐ Awarded gold star 4 November 2021

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:20 am

Were there even scotch eggs at the club in Soho or what's the rule in tier 2.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:50 am

Nobody understands the rules.

But you can only booze indoors with your own household, plus you need to order the scotch egg.

To eat out with friends you have to do it outdoors, obeying the rule of 6 and wearing ski gear against the cold.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:21 pm

@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 pm

Apparently: Before Lockdown 2 you could have 6 people meet up in a pub but not in someone's home, whereas at Christmas you will be able to have 6 people meet up in a home but not in a pub.

If this is correct (my sister grumpily sent it to me in the form of a grumpy photo collage of Hancock and Johnson), I think it just illustrates how hard these things are to do. I check social media is a number of languages and every country seems to have the same "Kuh, the politicians are soooo stupid, you can do X but not Y, which is 'clearly' less risky").
Something something hammer something something nail

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:01 am

shpalman wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:20 pm
Italy will impose a very strict lockdown for the days of the 25th-26th of December, and the 1st of January...
Italy is thinking about maybe not doing this, but the general lockdown from the 21st of December to the 6th of January will remain. And we'll need that if Lombardy is going to be yellow as of Sunday.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:04 am

shpalman wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:21 pm
put London in tier 3
Well that was more than 48 hours ago; did it happen? Or are they vaguely thinking about maybe considering it for possibly about a week from now as cases there climb past their second-wave peak?
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

lpm
Junior Mod

Post by lpm » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:00 pm

They want the London restaurants to stay open for politicians and journalists to have parties. They are already not allowed to go to restaurants except with their own household but Tier 3 would make their lawbreaking too obvious.

badger
Fuzzable

Post by badger » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:50 pm

Also tier reviews are every two weeks, so wouldn't be announced until 16th, coming into effect on 19th.

As ever, Covid has other ideas and has caught them on the hop.

bob sterman
Dorkwood

Post by bob sterman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 pm

What chance do we have when people are doing stuff like this??

This is so daft it hurts...

When was the exact moment we got infected with Covid? Thousands of Britons question how they caught the disease despite following the rules

hxxps://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9046 ... Covid.html
  • Ex-partner (who is a teacher) tests positive while looking after son.
  • Grandparent drops son at mother's house (great idea, let grandad drive around with son who should have been isolating!!)
  • Mother immediately takes son to drive-through testing centre (despite not having symptoms) and both test negative.
  • She "felt reassured" and mother and son "went about life as normal" (aarghh - no, son should be isolating!!! Perhaps mother too if she'd had close contact with ex)
  • 2-3 days later she develops symptoms and both her and son test positive.
The most logical explanation would, after all, be that I’d caught it via my ex, Matt, 39, a teacher at a busy secondary school, who passed it to Milo – then he to me.
Errr - no sh*t Sherlock.
Or if the first test was correct, Milo or I may have unwittingly picked up the virus in the handful of places we visited during that week – I’d been to the gym and the supermarket. There was a trip to the park, and the cinema, which in hindsight, I suddenly felt foolish having gone to.
To be fair - she doesn't say whether she's taken the son to all these places - but he was meant to be isolating!!!!

This mystery is a bit like the mystery of taking a pregnancy test the day after a one-night stand, then when it comes back negative wondering how you could have got pregnant when a test 2 weeks later comes back positive.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 pm

At the weekend, a one-way system will be implemented in Como's pedestrianized historical town centre.

https://www.ansa.it/lombardia/notizie/2 ... 34647.html
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk