Princess POW

Re: US Election

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:55 am

dyqik wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 am
Bird on a Fire wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 am
So what now for the republicans?

As I understand it, trump is still their next candidate in 2024. He's not going to step down. He might die or go to prison.

Assuming he's still eligible, what are the options for the GOP to replace him, and how likely is it? Might he tear the party asunder like a mirror-image Corbyn?
The Republican primary on 2024 will choose their candidate. If they forgo a primary, then it's up to state parties to appoint their candidate in their state.
Ah f.ck man, I was bored of hearing about Trump about six months into his presidency. He's gonna be making news for at least another five years, innit?

I'm beginning to think Sherlock Holmes may have had a point about reading the news.

Trump's just such a boring punchline. Anything's possible. You can't go lower. It's like jokes about paedos or Nazis.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

Bird on a Fire
Princess POW

Post by Bird on a Fire » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:55 am

I mean, it is that, but it's like that as well.
We have the right to a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:19 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Ha
Well, that was $3 million well spent.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:13 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:19 pm
Twenty thousand bucks or so per vote - for Biden :lol:

jdc
Hilda Ogden

Post by jdc » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:42 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
I support this Trumpian boycott:
Trump’s comments have spurred conspiracy theories that the state’s electoral system is rigged and prompted some of his supporters to make calls for a boycott of the coming vote – something that local Georgia Republicans desperately do not want.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:05 pm

jdc wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:42 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
Trump’s comments have spurred conspiracy theories that the state’s electoral system is rigged and prompted some of his supporters to make calls for a boycott of the coming vote – something that local Georgia Republicans desperately do not want.
I do wonder how it would work be to push the idea that Trump should be a write in candidate
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:26 am

jimbob wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:05 pm
jdc wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:42 pm
FlammableFlower wrote:
I do wonder how it would work be to push the idea that Trump should be a write in candidate
Already happening; Trumpists started it, I think, but liberals are using alt accounts on Parler to amplify it to the point Parler banned the hashtag.

Now, there are no actual options to write in a candidate on a runoff, but reality never was the point.

The chairwoman of the GOP, meanwhile, tried to give a rally in Georgia, only to be heckled, including claims that Brian Kemp - the Republican governor - is corrupt. Now, some might point out stopped clocks and all that, but it really isn't good for the republicans. Oh, and Rep Collins disgracefully insulted Martin Luther King's old church.

EACLucifer
Stummy Beige

Post by EACLucifer » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:02 am

Aside from the stupidity of not realising that vote totals aren't updated the moment votes are counted and thus large "dumps" are actually the reporting of many hours worth of counting in one go, Edison County, Michigan does not exist. In fact, I could not find any evidence of any Edison County anywhere in the USA.

This is like if a German party claimed a majority based on votes from Bielefeld, which also does not exist.

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:16 am

EACLucifer wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:02 am

Aside from the stupidity of not realising that vote totals aren't updated the moment votes are counted and thus large "dumps" are actually the reporting of many hours worth of counting in one go, Edison County, Michigan does not exist. In fact, I could not find any evidence of any Edison County anywhere in the USA.

This is like if a German party claimed a majority based on votes from Bielefeld, which also does not exist.
Apart from what is presumably a typo, this is simply an argument from incredulity and I can’t imagine any lawyer submitting anything like this as evidence. Where did it come from?
where once I used to scintillate
now I sin till ten past three

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:55 am

Sidney Powell is a follower of Q-anon.

This has come from a similarly alternative universe.

One amusing irony is that Edison County, Iowa is a fictional county in the parody book "The Ditches of Edison County".
Here grows much rhubarb.

Rich Scopie
Snowbonk

Post by Rich Scopie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:12 am

EACLucifer wrote:

And - in what reality is Joe Biden the Vice President?
It first was a rumour dismissed as a lie, but then came the evidence none could deny:
a double page spread in the Sunday Express — the Russians are running the DHSS!

JQH
After Pie

Post by JQH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:46 am

Rich Scopie wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:12 am

And - in what reality is Joe Biden the Vice President?

AIUI, because he once served as Vice-President, he retains the title.
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:47 am

President Elect, Vice President Biden

cvb
Clardic Fug

Post by cvb » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 am

EACLucifer wrote:

How does one receive "more than 100% of the votes" ?

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am

Trump suckers have stumped up over $150 million now to "fight election fraud" - except 75% of the small donations (that make up the majority of the fund) is going to pay off debt and for "future campaigning" - i.e. a 2024 campaign. However, I expect Trump to get bored, wind it up and pocket the money / use it to pay down some debts.

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:18 am

cvb wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 am
EACLucifer wrote:

How does one receive "more than 100% of the votes" ?
Well, that's rather the claim of the Trumpists that the Democrats must have cheated. But it's not the first of these claims - another claimed that Biden must have cheated because one precinct reported more votes for Biden than there were registered voters in the precinct.

But the precinct allowed election day registration, and due to the Repugnant-licans efforts in de-registering large numbers of eligible voters, there were people who turned up to vote and only then found that they'd been de-listed.
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:21 am

Martin_B wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:18 am

Well, that's rather the claim of the Trumpists that the Democrats must have cheated. But it's not the first of these claims - another claimed that Biden must have cheated because one precinct reported more votes for Biden than there were registered voters in the precinct.

But the precinct allowed election day registration, and due to the Repugnant-licans efforts in de-registering large numbers of eligible voters, there were people who turned up to vote and only then found that they'd been de-listed.
I mean the Evil have their detractors but you have to admire their work ethic.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:52 pm

EACLucifer wrote:
FAKE NEWS!
Something something hammer something something nail

Grumble
Light of Blast

Post by Grumble » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:14 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:52 pm
EACLucifer wrote:
FAKE NEWS!
Chris Preston wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:55 am
Sidney Powell is a follower of Q-anon.

This has come from a similarly alternative universe.

One amusing irony is that Edison County, Iowa is a fictional county in the parody book "The Ditches of Edison County".

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 pm

Well, even Trump's AG has now thrown in the towel:
Attorney General William P. Barr told the Associated Press on Tuesday that he has “not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” undercutting claims that President Trump and his allies have made — without evidence — of widespread and significant voting irregularities.

geejaytee
Clardic Fug

Post by geejaytee » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 pm
Well, even Trump's AG has now thrown in the towel:
Attorney General William P. Barr told the Associated Press on Tuesday that he has “not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” undercutting claims that President Trump and his allies have made — without evidence — of widespread and significant voting irregularities.
And Rudy has released a statement effectively saying he hadn't looked hard enough: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/01/rudy- ... tcome.html

Vertigowooyay
Snowbonk

Post by Vertigowooyay » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Calm yourself Doctor NotTheNineO’ClockNews. We’re men of science. We fear no worldly terrors.

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:13 pm

Good speech

dyqik
Princess POW

Post by dyqik » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:29 pm

Hmm, after saying the DoJ find no evidence of fraud, Bill Barr went to the White House, and then the DC court revealed that the DoJ is investigating a case of substantial political donations being made to Trump in an attempt to get a pardon.

That must have been a fun meeting.

Chris Preston
Snowbonk

Post by Chris Preston » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:42 pm

You can read some of the interesting bits here https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/ ... 0Order.pdf

You need to read between the black lines.
Here grows much rhubarb.