Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Covid-19 discussion, bring your own statistics
Post Reply
Al Capone Junior
Buzzberry
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Al Capone Junior » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 am

I finally get the first phizer shot tomorrow.

Mericans are #1 when it comes to ...

being stupid, self serving, and scientifically illiterate, whilst simultaneously being completely convinced that their douchbaggery is actually proof of their moral superiority.

Oh and for electing world class morons to important offices.

And denial of blatantly obvious, self evident facts.

And carrying around guns and being unable to even go to Walmart without fully loaded AR15s bc they're too afraid of Mexicans invading their hilltop gated communities.

Holy f.ck we're#1 at so many things, it's hard to suppress the urge to start singing our nation's anthem.............

User avatar
JQH
Dorkwood
Posts: 1555
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Sar Flandan

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by JQH » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:45 am

Welcome back. How're you doing?
And remember that if you botch the exit, the carnival of reaction may be coming to a town near you.

Fintan O'Toole

OffTheRock
Clardic Fug
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by OffTheRock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:17 pm

headshot wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm
OffTheRock wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:04 pm
Had my second Pfizer on Saturday. So far, so good. Bit of a sore arm but was prepared to feel much worse.
How much notice did you get for the appointment?

My dad is due his second dose by 5th April, but hasn't heard anything yet.
I work in NHS and had it done at work. So booked my second when I booked the first.

User avatar
Fishnut
Dorkwood
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: UK

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Fishnut » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:36 pm

OffTheRock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:17 pm
headshot wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm
OffTheRock wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:04 pm
Had my second Pfizer on Saturday. So far, so good. Bit of a sore arm but was prepared to feel much worse.
How much notice did you get for the appointment?

My dad is due his second dose by 5th April, but hasn't heard anything yet.
I work in NHS and had it done at work. So booked my second when I booked the first.
Everyone I know has had both doses booked at the same time. When I was phoned to make my appointment both were booked and when I went to get the vaccine I was given a piece of paper saying to come back on a particular date at the same time as my first dose and that I wouldn't be sent reminders. It might be worth your dad phoning up the doctor's to find out if he's got one scheduled that he wasn't aware of.
it's okay to say "I don't know"

PeteB
Clardic Fug
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by PeteB » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 pm

There seems to be 2 parallel systems - one national system and one local. On the national system I think you book 2nd at the same time as the first. On our local system (Tameside and Glossop), you book the first and then are contacted for the second nearer the time.

I was contacted by both, but the national system was a couple of days ahead of the local system so I booked through there - my other half (who is in the next age group down) the local system is ahead of the national system so she booked via them.

User avatar
headshot
Catbabel
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by headshot » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:58 pm

PeteB wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 pm
There seems to be 2 parallel systems - one national system and one local. On the national system I think you book 2nd at the same time as the first. On our local system (Tameside and Glossop), you book the first and then are contacted for the second nearer the time.

I was contacted by both, but the national system was a couple of days ahead of the local system so I booked through there - my other half (who is in the next age group down) the local system is ahead of the national system so she booked via them.
Yep. My dad had his done at his GP, locally.

He rang them a few weeks ago and was told he would be contacted when he was going to be called back in.

I'll tell him to call them to ask for an appointment because of existing commitments. That might make them give him a date.

User avatar
Brightonian
Catbabel
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:16 pm
Location: Usually UK, often France and Ireland

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Brightonian » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Fishnut wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:36 pm
OffTheRock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:17 pm
headshot wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm


How much notice did you get for the appointment?

My dad is due his second dose by 5th April, but hasn't heard anything yet.
I work in NHS and had it done at work. So booked my second when I booked the first.
Everyone I know has had both doses booked at the same time. When I was phoned to make my appointment both were booked and when I went to get the vaccine I was given a piece of paper saying to come back on a particular date at the same time as my first dose and that I wouldn't be sent reminders. It might be worth your dad phoning up the doctor's to find out if he's got one scheduled that he wasn't aware of.
Yes, I too got booked for both doses.

After I had my first dose, they mentioned that my second dose will be at a different place (this is contrary to the email confirmation I'd had). If they don't get a further reminder, I bet a lot of people will turn up at the original place having not made note of what was mentioned.

User avatar
headshot
Catbabel
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by headshot » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:31 pm

Dad rang the GP. They told him he was on the list to be called next week and given an appt.

User avatar
Tessa K
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Location: Closer than you'd like

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Tessa K » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:55 am

PeteB wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 pm
There seems to be 2 parallel systems - one national system and one local. On the national system I think you book 2nd at the same time as the first. On our local system (Tameside and Glossop), you book the first and then are contacted for the second nearer the time.

I was contacted by both, but the national system was a couple of days ahead of the local system so I booked through there - my other half (who is in the next age group down) the local system is ahead of the national system so she booked via them.
I'm still waiting for an appointment for the second one. The first one was booked after I got a text from the GP with a link to the booking system. Some of my other London friends got the double booking appointment, some didn't.

bagpuss
Catbabel
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by bagpuss » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Tessa K wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:55 am
PeteB wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 pm
There seems to be 2 parallel systems - one national system and one local. On the national system I think you book 2nd at the same time as the first. On our local system (Tameside and Glossop), you book the first and then are contacted for the second nearer the time.

I was contacted by both, but the national system was a couple of days ahead of the local system so I booked through there - my other half (who is in the next age group down) the local system is ahead of the national system so she booked via them.
I'm still waiting for an appointment for the second one. The first one was booked after I got a text from the GP with a link to the booking system. Some of my other London friends got the double booking appointment, some didn't.
After consulting with friends at school pick up today, it does seem that it holds true here as well that those who've booked through the national system have got both appts while those of us who booked via the GP have just got the first.

User avatar
Gfamily
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2906
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: NW England

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Gfamily » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:31 pm

If anyone's interested in reactions to the Vaccine - had it on Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning was experiencing 'brain fog', so took the afternoon off work and slept for 4 hours.
I wasn't sure how I felt this morning (Wednesday), but I seemed to have picked up during the day and am feeling pretty much OK now.
That's on the AZ vaccine - second dose on 31st May.
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

User avatar
bob sterman
Catbabel
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by bob sterman » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 pm

bagpuss wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:21 pm
After consulting with friends at school pick up today, it does seem that it holds true here as well that those who've booked through the national system have got both appts while those of us who booked via the GP have just got the first.
Ditto - for our family.

monkey
Catbabel
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by monkey » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Woop woop, my partner has got her first one next week!

User avatar
Martin Y
After Pie
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Martin Y » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:30 pm

Just got jabbed with AstraZeneca. All plans for the weekend are in light pencil in case I feel grotty.

badger
Fuzzable
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by badger » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Also AZ'd this morning, through GP invite. Military operation (literally, all army nurses).

Group Eleventy - Poets, vagabonds, dillettantes, aesthetes, artists, adventurers and, oh yes, forty-something w.nkers.

Arm a bit sore. When do the hallucinations start?

User avatar
Gfamily
Stummy Beige
Posts: 2906
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: NW England

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Gfamily » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:52 pm

badger wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:41 pm
Also AZ'd this morning, through GP invite. Military operation (literally, all army nurses).

Group Eleventy - Poets, vagabonds, dillettantes, aesthetes, artists, adventurers and, oh yes, forty-something w.nkers.

Arm a bit sore. When do the hallucinations start?
2016
My avatar was a scientific result that was later found to be 'mistaken' - I rarely claim to be 100% correct
ETA 5/8/20: I've been advised that the result was correct, it was the initial interpretation that needed to be withdrawn
Meta? I'd say so!

Beaker
Sindis Poop
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Beaker » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:58 pm

AZ for me at lunchtime. A bit hot and foggy now...

User avatar
Martin Y
After Pie
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Martin Y » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Mrs Y tells me 1% of the country got jabbed yesterday. I don't know whether to feel unusually fashionable or boringly commonplace.

Otherwise I feel unexpectedly normal. Bit of brain fog made it an effort to cook a meal yesterday evening and temp rose to 39°C overnight but otherwise nothing.

Al Capone Junior
Buzzberry
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Al Capone Junior » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:29 pm

JQH wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:45 am
Welcome back. How're you doing?
Fabulous. Seriously. New used truck, 2010 toyota tundra, guitars and amps a rockin', plans to take over the world proceeding nicely.

I got the first phizer jab a few days ago. Was surprised that it ; not quite as bad as the anthrax shot in the army tho. Did not seem to have too much effect on my day after that, as i worked pretty hard for 8 hours right after.

The whole experience was kinda like waiting in line in the army, only with less yelling. The lines were long, but they went fast. I was there less than an hour. Ppl were pretty cordial and relaxed.

Of course after i got the microchip implanted (bill gates had to personally implant it), the lizard ppl directed my to the underground mines, where the toiling occurs... :roll:

Al Capone Junior
Buzzberry
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Al Capone Junior » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:31 pm

Edit

Was surprised that it hurt

User avatar
Martin Y
After Pie
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Martin Y » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Al Capone Junior wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:31 pm
Edit

Was surprised that it hurt
Ah, that was the Microsoft nanobots fighting to the death with your previously injected army nanobots. Most of us don't get that.

On the upside, the surviving nanobots will be those which evolved extraordinary capabilities so you may exhibit unexpected superpowers in due course.

Al Capone Junior
Buzzberry
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Al Capone Junior » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:53 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:34 pm
Al Capone Junior wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:31 pm
Edit

Was surprised that it hurt
Ah, that was the Microsoft nanobots fighting to the death with your previously injected army nanobots. Most of us don't get that.

On the upside, the surviving nanobots will be those which evolved extraordinary capabilities so you may exhibit unexpected superpowers in due course.
Sweeeeeet.

bagpuss
Catbabel
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by bagpuss » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:06 pm

Mr Bagpuss had his yesterday. Currently feeling rather groggy but not too dreadful.

I had mine at lunchtime today and apart from a slightly sore arm, currently feel fine, but I suspect it just hasn't kicked in yet.

Both AZ, both at same centre, hugely impressed by organisation, apart from the time I was sitting down confirming I'm not allergic to anything, etc, and actually having my jab, I barely stopped moving. Total time from car door to car door, 7 minutes, and at least a couple of minutes of that was walking through the car park

User avatar
Trinucleus
Snowbonk
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Trinucleus » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:21 pm

Al Capone Junior wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:53 pm
Martin Y wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:34 pm
Al Capone Junior wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:31 pm
Edit

Was surprised that it hurt
Ah, that was the Microsoft nanobots fighting to the death with your previously injected army nanobots. Most of us don't get that.

On the upside, the surviving nanobots will be those which evolved extraordinary capabilities so you may exhibit unexpected superpowers in due course.
I'd just be happy with it being able to tell me what I came into the kitchen for, but nothing
Sweeeeeet.

User avatar
Dermot O'Logical
Gray Pubic
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Re: Has anyone had the vaccine yet?

Post by Dermot O'Logical » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:52 am

Speaking of superpowers, I just saw the headline "Qantas says vaccines will be required to fly".

I don't know if AZ can do that. Sputnik maybe.

Post Reply