NHS Digital's data sharing

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
noggins
Snowbonk

Re: NHS Digital's data sharing

Post by noggins » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:20 pm

tom p wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:09 pm
Public figures are a bad example & are often kept off such records for such a reason.
[/quote]

Really? How does that work ? Most public figures arent public figures until they are well into adulthood.
Surely it would be better for it to be compulsory for public figured to be included, that way there will be an incentive to protect the data.

tom p
After Pie

Post by tom p » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:35 pm

noggins wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:20 pm
tom p wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:09 pm
Public figures are a bad example & are often kept off such records for such a reason.
Really? How does that work ? Most public figures arent public figures until they are well into adulthood.
Surely it would be better for it to be compulsory for public figured to be included, that way there will be an incentive to protect the data.
[/quote]
There are usually flags for hiding certain records, even if they aren't highlighted.
Of course, many public figures, as adults, have private doctors, so would be out of this system. And you couldn't identify a kid from 20-odd years ago, unless you already knew pretty much all about them anyway.
And I would remind people that it's not going to be generally released in anything approaching an identifiable form. There will be limited release of data elements that could potentially lead to identification only to specific named organisations with contracts with the data holder & they will have to have all manner of confidentiality and non-identification clauses.

Fishnut
After Pie

Post by Fishnut » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:20 pm

NHS plan to share GP patient data in England delayed to September.
The UK information commissioner welcomed the delay to the launch. Elizabeth Denham said there remained “considerable confusion regarding the scope and nature” of the programme.

This is completely beside the point, and firmly into tinfoil hat territory (I hope) but I can't help but note that the initialisation of the scheme - GPDPR - is very close to that of GDPR which most people are now familiar with in a data protection context. I find myself wondering if the name is deliberate in order to have people make that connection and think that either they are one and the same or that they are closely related and as GDPR is all good, therefore so is this.
it's okay to say "I don't know"

Nero
Clardic Fug

Post by Nero » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Fishnut wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:20 pm
NHS plan to share GP patient data in England delayed to September.
The UK information commissioner welcomed the delay to the launch. Elizabeth Denham said there remained “considerable confusion regarding the scope and nature” of the programme.

This is completely beside the point, and firmly into tinfoil hat territory (I hope) but I can't help but note that the initialisation of the scheme - GPDPR - is very close to that of GDPR which most people are now familiar with in a data protection context. I find myself wondering if the name is deliberate in order to have people make that connection and think that either they are one and the same or that they are closely related and as GDPR is all good, therefore so is this.
I had exactly the same thought, dismissed as "surely they wouldn't ".