Vaccine ****ery

Discussions about serious topics, for serious people
shpalman
Princess POW

Re: Vaccine ****ery

Post by shpalman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:50 am

Anti what lockdown? You aren't in lockdown anymore.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

FlammableFlower
Dorkwood

Post by FlammableFlower » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:38 am

Now they appear to have moved on to anti-COVID in general - it's all a conspiracy to control the population (by depopulation and controlling the remainder through fear...).

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:47 am

Good

Pity hell doesn't exist so he can't be there.
having that swing is a necessary but not sufficient condition for it meaning a thing
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Sciolus
Dorkwood

Post by Sciolus » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:23 pm

shpalman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:47 am
Good

Pity hell doesn't exist so he can't be there.
Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him.
Insert usual "two boats and a helicopter" joke.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:23 pm

FlammableFlower wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:47 am
Christ, the anti- lockdown lot are really bringing out the nutters. David Icke and son!
At least he's not Tommeh

Who I swear I also saw on the big screen
Have you considered stupidity as an explanation

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:08 pm

@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

Brightonian
Dorkwood

Post by Brightonian » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 pm

On Twitter, the #BoycottCosta hashtag is trending because of a Costa Coffee shop in Ireland requiring people to follow the rules.

E.g. tweets like this, with the hashtag being amplified by Gillian McKeith, Paul Joseph Watson, Laurence Fox et al.

Mind you, I don't completely feel comfortable having to show ID. However, I won't be going inside any Costas anyway but only because I'm not comfortable being in enclosed premises.

temptar
Fuzzable

Post by temptar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm

I have found great entertainment in the responses to Laurence Fox boycotting Costa Coffee in Killarney.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Brightonian wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 pm
On Twitter, the #BoycottCosta hashtag is trending because of a Costa Coffee shop in Ireland requiring people to follow the rules.

E.g. tweets like this, with the hashtag being amplified by Gillian McKeith, Paul Joseph Watson, Laurence Fox et al.

Mind you, I don't completely feel comfortable having to show ID. However, I won't be going inside any Costas anyway but only because I'm not comfortable being in enclosed premises.
In Italy you have to show ID when you buy coffee so that the name they write on it is correct. (You won't even need a Green Pass to buy coffee if you're just going to stand at the bar to drink it.)

No, of course that's not true.

However, many years ago in the early days of free WiFi but before everyone had 3G, there was a rule that you needed to identify yourself to use free WiFi in the same way that you have to identify yourself to buy a SIM. But then I think that was gotten around by the idea of just needing to register on free WiFi via an SMS to your phone number, which was still tedious.

I saw somewhere that there was a restaurant somewhere in the US basically saying that you could only come in if you could prove you hadn't been vaccinated. Lots of people of course pointed out that yOU Can't pRoVe a negAtIve but it's actually very easy to find out whose against vaccination and is also a mouth-breathing anti-mask covid denier by the very fact that they're in that restaurant when anyone in their right mind wouldn't be.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

bolo
Dorkwood

Post by bolo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:10 pm

On the other hand, a local blog here recently posted a list of bars and restaurants that are requiring proof of vaccination. A number of antivaxxers in the comments shouted about boycotting. Which seemed to ... miss the point.

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:16 am

I hear that my (Italian) city is planning a pro-Green Pass demonstration to counter the unauthorised anti- one from whenever that was.

Meanwhile here’s why your efforts to convince anti-vaxxers aren’t working: the pro-vax messaging needs to come from within the social group and needs to offer a way in which to climb down from their positions without losing face.
@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

monkey
After Pie

Post by monkey » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:35 pm

Anti Vaxx protesters protest the BBC by protesting ITV's loose women.

Piers Corbyn was there, he got caught saying "we’ve got to take over these bastards".

shpalman
Princess POW

Post by shpalman » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:46 am

@shpalman@mastodon.me.uk

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:59 am

I put this in the general Covid thread, but it's probably better here

https://www.logically.ai/articles/hart- ... estminster

The latest files from this chat log:
E8i2YxIWUAcPQmb.jpg
E8i2YxIWUAcPQmb.jpg (118.72 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
"I wonder what it would look like if the money tree stopped shaking out printed cash"

"I totally agree. I think we need to seed the thought that vaccines cause COVID before asking the second question of whether that means there is an overall benefit or not"

sTeamTraen
After Pie

Post by sTeamTraen » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:37 am

jimbob wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:59 am
"I totally agree. I think we need to seed the thought that vaccines cause COVID before asking the second question of whether that means there is an overall benefit or not"
I hope that the GMC, the BMA, the NHS, and for that matter the BFG make sure that she never works anywhere near science or medicine again.
Something something hammer something something nail

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:13 pm

sTeamTraen wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:37 am
jimbob wrote:
I hope that the GMC, the BMA, the NHS, and for that matter the BFG make sure that she never works anywhere near science or medicine again.
And here's a subsequent tweet by her:

https://twitter.com/ClareCraigPath/stat ... 43360?s=20
There is plenty of evidence that vaccine results in increased cases for the first 10 days to 2 weeks post vaccination:

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n783/rr
(a letter by her)

Now to see how to complain to the RCPath...

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:12 pm

jimbob wrote:

It’s grimly humorous watching the more moderately batshit insane ones try to reign in their more hatstand allies because of a justified fear that the optics wouldn’t look good if they were to let the mask slip (no pun intended).

So you end up with exchanges along the lines of:-

Well I know we all support Dave’s theory that the Jews are all shape-changing lizards who want to implant tiny 5G-activated rabbis in us all to perform the Dreidel Song on Bill Gates’ command and I deeply appreciate Amethyst’s generous offer of a 10% personal discount on all purchases of Ancient Tibetan Anti-COVID Healing Crystal Mobile Phone Covers but perhaps we shouldn’t include all that in our 100% legitimate, independent, definitely trustworthy, proper real science advice for MPs. Also we should probably use a different shade of green crayon to Toby Young’s submission so they don’t look coordinated.

Complete f.ck-knuckles to a man.
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Martin_B
After Pie

Post by Martin_B » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 am

Little waster wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:12 pm
jimbob wrote:

It’s grimly humorous watching the more moderately batshit insane ones try to reign in their more hatstand allies because of a justified fear that the optics wouldn’t look good if they were to let the mask slip (no pun intended).

So you end up with exchanges along the lines of:-

Well I know we all support Dave’s theory that the Jews are all shape-changing lizards who want to implant tiny 5G-activated rabbis in us all to perform the Dreidel Song on Bill Gates’ command and I deeply appreciate Amethyst’s generous offer of a 10% personal discount on all purchases of Ancient Tibetan Anti-COVID Healing Crystal Mobile Phone Covers but perhaps we shouldn’t include all that in our 100% legitimate, independent, definitely trustworthy, proper real science advice for MPs. Also we should probably use a different shade of green crayon to Toby Young’s submission so they don’t look coordinated.

Complete f.ck-knuckles to a man.
Is it wrong that I now want an ancient Tibetan mobile phone cover?
"My interest is in the future, because I'm going to spend the rest of my life there"

nezumi
Dorkwood

Post by nezumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:09 am

Martin_B wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 am

I think we all do, deep down.
Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

Little waster
After Pie

Post by Little waster » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:42 am

nezumi wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:09 am
Martin_B wrote:

Which leads to the age-old question, if an Ancient Tibetan mobile phone rings in the woods does it make a sound?
This place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here.
What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:57 am

nezumi wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:09 am
Martin_B wrote:

And deep down, I think we can all see how that reminds me of Jesus, because you want to care for your valuable mobile phone, he wants to care for you

</Thought for the Day>

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:21 am

Two questions about that antivaxxer exchange: What do they mean by the money tree? Are they talking about changing government policy on things like furlough? And is their idea that vaccines increase cases deliberate cynical misinformation or something they genuinely believe or somewhere in between?

nezumi
Dorkwood

Post by nezumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:28 am

Martin Y wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:21 am
Two questions about that antivaxxer exchange: What do they mean by the money tree? Are they talking about changing government policy on things like furlough? And is their idea that vaccines increase cases deliberate cynical misinformation or something they genuinely believe or somewhere in between?
If we, the smartest minds in all of the world, can't figure that out, what hope do they have? ;)
Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

Martin Y
Stummy Beige

Post by Martin Y » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:24 pm

Well I can't help remembering climate change deniers pouncing on emails they thought were the smoking gun of scientists lying about their data.

Is this "let's make up a rumour and spread it" or is it "let's control how we make our case to generate the most effective publicity"? Just because they're wrong doesn't mean they're deliberately lying. I want to understand the context of what they're saying.

jimbob
Light of Blast

Post by jimbob » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Martin Y wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:21 am
That would be a reasonable interpretation of the first comment. But not the response of Clare Honor Craig FRCPath (unlicenced)

Why did none of them pull her up?